News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Donnie Beck

GIS Show San Diego Feb 5th-10th (ot)
« on: January 21, 2022, 08:31:42 PM »
Anyone have plans to get together for a round or two at the GIS Show this year?  Several years ago we had an awesome get together with great group of guys from here at Barona Creek. I am playing Torrey Sunday but can make time any other day if anyone is interested.

Pete Lavallee

Re: GIS Show San Diego Feb 5th-10th (ot)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 08:55:44 AM »
Sadly Barona is down to just 9 holes open, irrigating just tees and greens. We’ve had some rain but still well below normal. Just 10 minutes down the road from Barona is San Vicente GC. They redid all 18 greens with Pure Distinction Bent Grass and reopened last February; it’s $55 to ride during the week. Could be a good place for a get together.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

SB

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 10:01:32 AM »
Unfortunately its not the full industry show this year.  The club managers show is two weeks later and the owners show is in Orlando during the PGA show.  It's just you turfheads this year.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 05:24:06 PM »
Donnie,

I don’t remember what year that was, but I remember meeting you and your cousin at that event. You were gracious in giving me a FI logo’d golf ball, and I had nothing to give but thanks in return.

Unfortunately, I will not be attending GIS this year. Have fun!
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Donnie Beck

Re: GIS Show San Diego Feb 5th-10th (ot) New
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 06:22:18 PM »
Joe, I truly enjoyed meeting everyone and the sense of camaraderie the entire day. I believe it was Pete who went above and beyond and graciously invited all of us hooligans back to his home for food and drinks afterwards. Amazing how time flies by as it has to be 10 plus years ago now. We are out that way every three years and last trip we flew into San Francisco and played San Francisco and Olympic, then drove down to Pastiempo then down to Monterey and played Cypress and Monterey Pennsulia. The trip before that I was dumb enough to try and and make a day trip up to LA. We eventually made it to LACC but I will never try that again as the traffic was brutal.The trip before that I only played Torrey then went to the Zoo and SeaWorld with my wife so it has been several years now but it is still a day I will never forget.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 07:06:40 PM by Donnie Beck »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back