News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

OT Travel cover
« on: October 30, 2021, 02:12:14 PM »
Anyone using anything other than a Club Glove? I have an issue with a relatively new Club Glove and customer service is non-existent. Looking for something other than a hardcover.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

JMEvensky

Re: OT Travel cover
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 03:10:59 PM »

Anyone using anything other than a Club Glove? I have an issue with a relatively new Club Glove and customer service is non-existent. Looking for something other than a hardcover.

Don't they still offer a lifetime warranty?

Rob Marshall

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 04:49:44 PM »

Don't they still offer a lifetime warranty?

Nope, interesting for something called the “last bag”

I have a two year old Club Glove that has two holes worn thru the bag just above the plastic plate where the knuckles of the stand bag sit. I called Club Glove and was told It was my fault because I loaded the bag incorrectly. You are supposed to put the bag in sideways. Huh? There is no padding other than at the top of the Club Glove. If you load them sideways the shafts have no protection. If you load it so the legs are against the plastic plate the spine on the golf bag provides some protection to the shafts. The problem appears to me to be from a design change. I have an older Club Glove that I gave to my son that has additional strapping that prevents the wear holes made by the stand legs knuckles. They cheapened the design and IMO pushed the problem to the consumer. They knew right away what caused the problem so I’m not the only one this has happened

John Blain

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 10:11:39 AM »
Rob-
I'd go with the Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian.  Best in class, IMO.
John

Rob Marshall

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 11:41:41 AM »
Rob-
I'd go with the Sun Mountain Club Glider Meridian.  Best in class, IMO.
John

Thanks John,
They look great. Looks like they are all out of stock but I won’t need one until the spring.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 11:50:37 AM by Rob Marshall »

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2021, 09:09:07 AM »
Michael Whitaker gave me a great tip when traveling and putting your clubs in a travel cover.  Remove the head from the driver and put it in the head cover and put it into one of the bag pockets. The most common damage that is done when checking an airline bag is snapping the driver shaft and this prevents that problem. 

Lou_Duran

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2021, 11:18:43 AM »
Rob,

I had an issue with a tear on a seam with a Club Glove "Last Bag".  They offered to re-sew it, but I'd have to pay for the shipping.  Alternatively, they offered a 50% discount on a new cover.

While considering their offer, I saw a gently-used cover on eBay for around $75 including shipping and snagged it.  After 15+ trips, that one too is getting beat up, but I haven't found a better solution.

Jerry,

I've been removing the head of my driver since the time of adjustable inserts.  But instead of putting it in my bag and taking a chance that a bag handler will steal it (my son had a Cameron putter pulled from his travel bag on a United flight and the airline never resolved it), I put it in my backpack along with the wrench.  Unfortunately, in the line on unintended consequences, my Strong Arm club protector was bent near the top extension and it is now jammed so it can't be re-opened.  Though I am sympathetic to the need for job creation, bag-handling robotic systems may be an idea whose time has come. 

Rob Marshall

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2021, 11:35:20 AM »
Lou,
They offered me 40% discount on a new Bag which is around $400. I will never pack them sideways so the same thing would happen. I probably would line a new one with duct tape or something along those lines. I’m going with John’s recommendation when they become available.

I had a stiff arm bent so bad I had to replace it on my next trip.

jeffwarne

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2021, 09:20:18 AM »
Michael Whitaker gave me a great tip when traveling and putting your clubs in a travel cover.  Remove the head from the driver and put it in the head cover and put it into one of the bag pockets. The most common damage that is done when checking an airline bag is snapping the driver shaft and this prevents that problem.

Drivers definitely snap this way-it's a good practice, especially now that they have improved the adjustability/connections.
The very first time I disconnected the head from the shaft for travel to the UK to play in a Senior Open Q, the screw in my Titleist D 13 came loose and I couldn't get it back on the shaft.I spent all week trying to fix it and or find a similar head to put on my shaft, even had one overnighted which got stuck in customs.
Ten minutes before my tee time, a caddie I had randomly been assigned found a screw from the professional and repaired it.
I drove the ball beautifully-I'm just fortunate he didn't make a crack about my iron and wedge play needing repairing.....

I have never had a problem with a club glove, but I do pad the clubs/heads heavily with rain gear, towels and dirty laundry upon my return.I'm sure TSA doesn't enjoy unpacking my bag.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Rob Marshall

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2021, 09:37:44 AM »

Drivers definitely snap this way-it's a good practice, especially now that they have improved the adjustability/connections.
The very first time I disconnected the head from the shaft for travel to the UK to play in a Senior Open Q, the screw in my Titleist D 13 came loose and I couldn't get it back on the shaft.I spent all week trying to fix it and or find a similar head to put on my shaft, even had one overnighted which got stuck in customs.
Ten minutes before my tee time, a caddie I had randomly been assigned found a screw from the professional and repaired it.
I drove the ball beautifully-I'm just fortunate he didn't make a crack about my iron and wedge play needing repairing.....

I have never had a problem with a club glove, but I do pad the clubs/heads heavily with rain gear, towels and dirty laundry upon my return.I'm sure TSA doesn't enjoy unpacking my bag.

I back towels around the club heads also.

Jeff, do you put the bag in sideways?

jeffwarne

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »
Rob,
i put it in just as you.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back