News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Marshall

Westbay Estero Florida
« on: October 08, 2021, 12:33:44 PM »
Playing there in a few weeks. Looks like it’s a Dye course. Anyone here played it? Thoughts?
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Ian Mackenzie

Re: Westbay Estero Florida
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 01:04:59 PM »
I have played it twice.

From memory, like 20+ years ago, it's a PB Dye course that is pleasing, fun to play in a sporty sense, but otherwise forgettable.
But, with the exception of maybe 5-7, most courses in SW Florida are not memorable.

was in great shape, had a nice clubhouse that was private back then but i think now is a Troon property.
We belonged to a small beach club in Bonita Springs that had reciprocals with about 10 private courses and West Bay was one of them.

JStewart

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 08:03:26 PM »
I’d echo Ian’s thoughts. It’s a Doak 4 for me. 

Anthony_Nysse

Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

John Blain

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2021, 11:22:32 AM »
Rob-
Have you played Hideout? There are a couple of Rochester guys that you and I both know who are members and they absolutely rave about the course and club. I have another friend from Albany who is also a member and says the same.
Apparently a fun (wow, how about that?) and well maintained course and a great group of people, lots of good games. I think it's a pretty low-key club w/o a Taj Mahal clubhouse.
-John

Rob Marshall

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 08:16:20 PM »
Rob-
Have you played Hideout? There are a couple of Rochester guys that you and I both know who are members and they absolutely rave about the course and club. I have another friend from Albany who is also a member and says the same.
Apparently a fun (wow, how about that?) and well maintained course and a great group of people, lots of good games. I think it's a pretty low-key club w/o a Taj Mahal clubhouse.
-John

Hi John,
I love everything about Hideout. One of my favorites down there. I’m playing it in a couple of weeks with Dana C from Monroe. They re-grassed the greens this summer. Really a fun course.
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back