News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Martin

Off Topic-Is the Pine Club in Dayton, Ohio Overrated?
« on: October 04, 2021, 09:53:02 AM »
This past Spring I ate at the Pine Club twice in three nights and loved everything about the place with the caveat that I’ve had better steaks. I had a NY Strip the first night and a Bone in Filet the second as I didn’t think a one and done was sufficient to make the call. I would say good not great. Any differing opinions or comments are welcomed.

Ian Mackenzie

Re: Off Topic-Is the Pine Club in Dayton, Ohio Overrated?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 10:23:56 AM »
Check out Yelp for sh*t like this.

This is a fresh new version of "OT" if posters are now making restaurant queries in tertiary markets here.... ;D ;D

But, if you have to ask, then "YES" is the most probable response.

Brian Finn

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 10:30:49 AM »
I'd rather see discussion of recommended restaurants near courses (in this case, NCR, Moraine, et al) than the 20th iteration of the what is your favorite logo thread. 
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Tim Martin

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 10:31:45 AM »
I'd rather see discussion of recommended restaurants near courses (in this case, NCR, Moraine, et al) than the 20th iteration of the what is your favorite logo thread.

Brian-I was there from Connecticut to play NCR and Moraine.

Brian Finn

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2021, 10:34:12 AM »

Brian-I was there from Connecticut to play NCR and Moraine.
Exactly.  I am on your side here.  I was responding to the post prior to mine.  Sorry that wasn't clear.  My point was, in the quality spectrum of OT threads, this one is not near the bottom!  I do regret never getting to the Pine Club.
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

JLahrman

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2021, 11:02:07 AM »
Just curious, how many people were wearing masks?

Drew Harvie

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2021, 11:13:22 AM »

In my experience, it is difficult to eat a steak with a mask on still

JLahrman

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 11:25:13 AM »

In my experience, it is difficult to eat a steak with a mask on still

Well I mean servers and staff mainly, but could also be diners waiting for their meal to arrive. A place that doesn't accept credit cards I wouldn't expect to take mask-wearing seriously but maybe I'll be surprised. If we're going to go this far OT we might as well go all the way.

I'm an ex-Dayton resident, never went to the Pine Club due to my vegetarianism. It's been a few years, but in case Pine Club isn't All That, I enjoyed Mama Di Salvo's, El Meson, and Thai 9.

BHoover

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 11:47:22 AM »
I have been to the Pine Club only once. I was starving so the meal was extremely satisfying. I would gladly volunteer to try it a second time to find out what I think.

Steve Lang

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 03:47:18 PM »
 8) Overrated??  You mean from critics taking driveby pot shots and posting on YELP OR GCA.COM?

Pine Club's been doing it right since 1947, so for 74 years... (not counting the Covid shutdown period)  I've only eaten there over the last 40 years and never pass it up if possible, but do miss conveniently grabbing some Skyline take-home down Brown street for quite a few years now... back when we lived in Lima...

Montgomery Inn in Cinti??
The Beef House in Covington, IN ??

When in Rome...

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Steve Kline

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 05:33:03 AM »
In Cincy, Eli's BBQ >>>>>>> Montgomery Inn

Brad Engel

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 12:36:45 PM »
In Cincy, Eli's BBQ >>>>>>> Montgomery Inn

Amen Steve! Grew up in Cincy and liked Montgomery Inn as a kid before I knew better, but who wouldn't like saratoga chips and meat doused in barbeque sauce. Eli's is the closest thing we have to "real" BBQ here in the city at a permanent establishment (excluding the various neighborhood food trailers/smokers).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back