News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jon Sweet

Re: Way OT——who knew that gymnasts also get the Yips?
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2021, 08:11:25 PM »
Turns out that it is not an uncommon condition and they even have a name for it: “ the twisties”!
Sounds like something David Duval had with his inner ear. Took a while to diagnose and ended his career. Could be physical along with mental.

Vertigo is not the same as the twisties.  Vertigo is a physical medical condition affecting the inner ear which controls balance.  Twisties is a mental condition.
I about threw up walking across the bridge at Rolling Green on that par 3, that wasn’t vertigo, just a rickety old bridge and I hate heights.

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2021, 02:34:27 AM »
the best in her field ever-
lifelong dedication and unprecedented expertise in her craft.

-sexually abused in Olympic training care.
-lost in the air performing an incredibly dangerous stunt.

Could the adderall situation be added to this list?

John McCarthy

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2021, 06:17:11 PM »
Vertigo can have many causes.  The sense of where your body is generally has three inputs - your eyes, your nerves (ie bottom of your feet when standing) and the inner ear.  Then all the inputs get sent to your brain which determines which way is up.  Every step can be a failure point (bad eyes, bad peripheral nerves, bad inner ear, bad transmission to brain, problem with the brain.). The diagnosis is complex and if your balance is off gymnastics would be very dangerous. 

The inner ear stuff is very interesting. 
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2021, 06:43:25 PM »
   The Rolling Green bridge is old; it’s not rickety.  I had to pull a guest across by his golf club when he froze in the middle. When my kids were 6 and 8, they ran across the snowy bridge on the way to go sledding down the 7th fairway.  Thinking about it almost 40 years later still scares me.

Jon Sweet

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2021, 09:12:26 PM »
   The Rolling Green bridge is old; it’s not rickety.  I had to pull a guest across by his golf club when he froze in the middle. When my kids were 6 and 8, they ran across the snowy bridge on the way to go sledding down the 7th fairway.  Thinking about it almost 40 years later still scares me.
Seemed rickety enough. My buddy behind me was laughing at me and he hates heights worse than I do. Phenomenal golf course and if I play it again you can be sure you’ll see me toting my bag across that bridge again trying not to puke.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back