News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

Re: Least Played Course
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2021, 07:57:08 AM »
For a public access course, Primland is on the list. When we played it a few years ago, the assistant pro told me that nine groups was a busy day. In several visits, I remember seeing another group only one or two times. They have built some additional lodging so it might be busier now, but still is in a very remote location with a relatively short season.

Ira

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2021, 08:59:17 AM »
This thread is telling, for all the buried ledes.

I know of a course but don't want ...

I cannot mention names, nor time zones, nor cardinal directions, but ...

It's like saying I was in the bedroom with they/he/she, but I'm not going to say if we got busy.

I recall when Jon Cavalier posted photos on a thread from Myopia Hunt Club. Word on the blockchain was, they had asked the GCA brass to take down an earlier review of the course. Cavalier's mighty thread was met with aghast astonishment and a bit of vitriol. GCA survived.

I find statements like This isn't even a contest to be better constructed as Here's a candidate: and let the readership chime in with their own experiences and knowledge.

I've been proximate to a few of the aforementioned layouts, read up on others, and engaged in conversation on still more of them. It is an interesting topic for a thread, and I look forward to its development. I have no new candidates to offer in this search.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2021, 10:49:41 AM »
Has to be Heronwood in Virginia.  Built in 2007, it's only hosted 25 rounds since the opening?

https://golf.com/travel/americas-most-exclusive-golf-course-heronwood-virginia/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 04:00:09 PM by Joel_Stewart »

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »
Has to be Heronwood in Virginia.  Built in 2007, it's only hosted 25 rounds since the opening?

https://golf.com/travel/americas-most-exclusive-golf-course-heronwood-virginia/

I had not even heard of the course until about 5 years ago and I live in Virginia.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2021, 03:53:44 PM »
Abaco Club in the Bahamas is probably up there for fewest rounds of any course that non-members can potentially access. About 5,000 rounds per year, last I heard.

How many rounds does Laucala, the Kidd course on its own island in Fiji, get per year?
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Peter Ferlicca

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2021, 04:10:24 PM »
I agree with Porcupine Creek.  Larry Ellison looks like he is going to open up some of the casitas to a stay and play aspect, which will get around 10-15 rounds a day in season if I had to guess.  In the past 5 years it was rumored that Rafael Nadal had the whole place to himself during the tennis tournament, and that when Barack Obama bought a home in Thunderbird next door with the main reason being that he could play Porcupine Creek without having to worry about anyone else. 

Asherwood in Carmel IN is also another one that hasn't been mentioned.  It was Mel Simons (Simon Malls) personal golf course on his property.  It has 13 greens with multiple fairways and tees to play all kinds of routings.  It also has a 13 hole par 3 course.  Both designed by Steve Smyers.  I grew up in Carmel and I never heard of anyone playing there.  I am guessing it was for Mel Simon and his buddies only. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back