News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Fisher

Where would youlike your first post-lockdown game to be?
« on: March 29, 2021, 06:52:51 AM »
Golf courses in England re-opened at midnight last night (NB for international GCA friends there are very important differences in lockdown policies between England/Scotland/Wales and N Ireland, not least around how 'local' you have to stay). If you could choose (say) the 10 am teetime at any one golf course in England for your return to the game, regardless of proximity, where would it be (and the English weather forecast for the next 48 hours is gorgeous, in the main)?

I think on a sunny spring morning I would be very happy indeed to be teeing up at RND Westward Ho! Although given inevitable post-lockdown rustiness I might more sensibly go for a slightly more gentlemanly challenge at Huntercombe or Swinley or New Zealand. Lunch has to be factored out of any thinking, for the time being. This is purely about the game. Which course would give you the greatest sense of exhilaration and release? The Ho! does it for me.

Thomas Dai

Re: Where would youlike your first post-lockdown game to be?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 09:33:17 AM »
I've asked myself the same question numerous times over the last few weeks and curiously my answer has always been the same as Richard's ..... RND/Westward Ho! .... alas no visitors permitted until 1st May.
atb
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:38:55 AM by Thomas Dai »

jeffwarne

Re: Where would youlike your first post-lockdown game to be?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 07:40:50 PM »
I would think ANYWHERE! would suit just fine.

Congrats.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back