News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Randy Van Sickle

Play Eastward Ho! Monday October 4th, 2021
« on: March 23, 2021, 06:00:47 PM »
Ran has once again allowed me to plug my church's golf tournament fundraiser at Eastward Ho! on Monday, October 4th, 2021.

If you are unfamiliar with the locale, Jon Cavalier's excellent photo essay can be found in the link below:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,59919.0.html

For Further information, please reach out to Jim Bast at jimbast@outlook.com.  The last event in 2019 sold out by Memorial Day, so the sooner the better.

Most recently, the course was ranked #42 among Golfweek's top classic courses and #53 on Golf Magazine's 2020 rankings. 
Cheers,

Randy
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 06:11:37 PM by Randy Van Sickle »
Can't get back to RDGC soon enough

Steve Lapper

Re: Play Eastward Ho! Monday October 4th, 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 07:46:31 PM »
Plenty of courses have better known names and reputations, yet there are very few courses that will ever consistently yield as much pleasure as Eastward Ho.

It is an architectural gem, a rollercoaster of pure fun, and a place without pretension. Don't pass up a chance to play here.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 12:56:59 PM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

MCirba

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 09:30:22 PM »
Run, don't walk.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Mike Hendren

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 12:24:35 PM »
Mike and Steve are spot on.  I enjoyed this event in the company of GCA stalwart Pete Lavalee and his lovely spouse (who carried us to a top 5 finish!).  Splendid and rollicking golf course deserving of all accolades.  Recommend Old Harbor Inn in Chatham for affordability and walkability, not to mention world class pancakes.  Impudent Oyster is a solid dinner choice just down the street.

For the thinking/scheming man, take along the Mrs. and work your way north to Cape Arundel and west to Yale.  Money!

DO IT!

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tim Martin

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 01:26:00 PM »
Take the ferry over to Nantucket and add Sankaty Head the day before or after as it’s accessible in shoulder season. A steak at Pate’s Charcoal Pit and drinks at the Chatham Squire is a nice finish to the day after the tournament.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 01:27:45 PM by Tim Martin »

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 05:30:53 PM »
Tim,

Sankaty Head is NOT ACCESSABLE until after Columbus Day. I had planned a vacation around it and was assured that it would be wide open. It was, but only members until Columbus Day!

Eastward Ho! is a joy to play and the Tournament is well run. My buddy Dick missed Winning a Boston Whaler by an inch on the 10th. Bogey helped us to a well earned 3rd place finish.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Tim Martin

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 06:49:25 PM »
Tim,

Sankaty Head is NOT ACCESSABLE until after Columbus Day. I had planned a vacation around it and was assured that it would be wide open. It was, but only members until Columbus Day!

Eastward Ho! is a joy to play and the Tournament is well run. My buddy Dick missed Winning a Boston Whaler by an inch on the 10th. Bogey helped us to a well earned 3rd place finish.

Pete-I didn’t know Columbus Day was the cutoff. I would wager that a gracious letter to Mark Heartfield, the longtime Golf Professional, might yield a positive result. 

JohnVDB

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 07:49:40 AM »
Sankaty Head is hosting the US Mid-Am through the 25th of September.  Given that they are giving up there course for nearly two weeks in September, they might not be as available as usual.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back