News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

Re: "The Romance of Brora"
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 04:19:23 AM »
Nice piece and thanks for highlighting.
Coins and romance can have two sides. I had a couple of mates, non-golfers, from there and nearby. Couldn’t wait to get away and never returned. Each to their own. Fabulous course though.
Atb

Ira Fishman

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 11:21:40 AM »
During our long winter of the pandemic with longings for Scotland pronounced, my wife let me buy some golf photography. One of course was of Brora, sheep and all. Alas, trying to parlay my luck in renewing my suggestion to move to Scotland for part of the year was far less successful.

Ira

Jim Sherma

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 01:18:38 PM »
Brora was going to be the culmination of my 2020 Highlands trip with my son. Alas, not to be. Not sure if this year is in play either.

Scott Senior

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 01:31:09 PM »
Thank you for sharing that piece on Brora. Looking forward to getting back there...when the world gets closer to "normal".
Cheers!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 02:02:15 PM »
David Thomas,

A case of the grass being greener on the other side of the pasture? 

Of course, since you're a proponent of brown, the diaspora from small, somewhat isolated villages throughout the world must represent a smorgasbord to you.

I hope to make Brora an important part of what years I have left in golf.  Right now, things aren't looking good.  The trio of Dornoch, Golspie, and Brora is compelling.  I too face some opposition from the house, but ......

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back