News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

If cartpaths disappeared ......
« on: January 23, 2021, 02:27:20 PM »
Yip, you guessed it, this is a further follow-up to this thread - https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,69284.0.html - where some suggested that a big waste of money within golf is cartpath related.
So, if cartpaths on courses disappeared tomorrow and carts were permitted to drive anywhere they could (except greens, hazards and dangerous areas etc) would this be acceptable to you?
Atb

Tom_Doak

Re: If cartpaths disappeared ......
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 02:34:05 PM »
Whether golf carts can drive "anywhere" depends on the type of turf and soils and the weather and time of year.

I'd be perfectly fine if carts were allowed to drive anywhere whenever feasible under those circumstances, if they were parked the rest of the time, and we didn't have to deal with cart paths.

But there is a whole host of reasons why that's not going to happen, so I don't see the point of this thread.

P.S.  My favorite recommendation of Brooks Koepka for Memorial Park:  "Do we have to have cart paths?"  We all got a good laugh out of that one.

Thomas Dai

Re: If cartpaths disappeared ......
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 04:58:54 AM »
Whether golf carts can drive "anywhere" depends on the type of turf and soils and the weather and time of year.
I'd be perfectly fine if carts were allowed to drive anywhere whenever feasible under those circumstances, if they were parked the rest of the time, and we didn't have to deal with cart paths.
But there is a whole host of reasons why that's not going to happen, so I don't see the point of this thread.
P.S.  My favorite recommendation of Brooks Koepka for Memorial Park:  "Do we have to have cart paths?"  We all got a good laugh out of that one.

Obviously weather and ground conditions are key but it seems like carts are often required to always take formal paths when weather and ground conditions would probably allow them with their wide, low pressure tyres to travel on the grass.
Atb

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back