News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Joel_Stewart

Re: Coul Links Lives?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 11:04:55 AM »
The web site has some interesting points but how they can get the Scottish ministers to reevaluate is a question.

I'm told Mike Keiser isn't involved and told the group, if you succeed, then call me.

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 09:13:50 AM »

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 10:12:56 AM »
Looks like Mike Keiser could be back in:

https://www.northern-times.co.uk/news/major-milestone-as-communities-for-coul-tee-up-golf-course-236647/

"Golf course architect Mike Keiser"?

I wonder if the rest of the story has the same degree of credibility?

Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 10:28:15 AM »
Looks like Mike Keiser could be back in:

https://www.northern-times.co.uk/news/major-milestone-as-communities-for-coul-tee-up-golf-course-236647/

"Golf course architect Mike Keiser"?

I wonder if the rest of the story has the same degree of credibility?

Sounds like a misinterpretation from the article's author. This is from "Communities 4 Coul" directly:

MAJOR MILESTONE - We are delighted to announce that Mike Keiser, arguably the world's leading golf course developer has agreed to build Coul Links if planning permission is granted. He said "It is an honor to be chosen by the community to build Coul Links". Mike is not willing to get involved until after planning is approved, given his experience with the site previously. Therefore, the Directors of C4C are working all hours to get planning permission approved and are incredibly grateful for the local support and the generous donations we continue to receive.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 10:30:01 AM by Ian Mackenzie »

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 11:18:46 AM »
I played golf with Mike yesterday.  He's supportive of the local group that's trying to get this approved but he's leaving this to them. If they get the approval then he'll be involved, nothing more.  He's been burned numerous times by various governments so he'll watch from a distance. 

Coore & Crenshaw are still the architects.   

Adam Lawrence

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »
Personally I think this is all sound and fury signifying nothing. I have seen nothing that could possibly induce the Scottish government to overturn its previous decision (whether or not one agrees with it). I'll be amazed if Coul is ever built.
Adam Lawrence

Editor, Golf Course Architecture
www.golfcoursearchitecture.net

Principal, Oxford Golf Consulting
www.oxfordgolfconsulting.com

Author, 'More Enduring Than Brass: a biography of Harry Colt' (forthcoming).

Short words are best, and the old words, when short, are the best of all.

Niall C

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 03:53:29 PM »
And yet if they only moved the course a short distance to the upper level above the sensitive area....only saying.

Adam

Tell me, which do you think the more fanciful description from the article;

"Amercian golf course architect"

or

"A committed environmentalist"

Niall  ;)

Don Mahaffey

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 02:56:54 PM »
I played golf with Mike yesterday.  He's supportive of the local group that's trying to get this approved but he's leaving this to them. If they get the approval then he'll be involved, nothing more.  He's been burned numerous times by various governments so he'll watch from a distance. 

He's also been helped a great deal by various governments. Take a look at how Sand Valley is being funded.  Lets not make it out like he's always being picked on.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 05:21:41 PM »

He's also been helped a great deal by various governments. Take a look at how Sand Valley is being funded.  Lets not make it out like he's always being picked on.

Are you dishing the family? 

It's been an economic boon to the county and state and the infrastructure needed to be updated. Should the Keisers pay for the update to the airport or the school system? 

It's a business and states especially your state of Texas offers incentives and tax breaks for businesses to come. 

I don't see many businesses restore 7,200 acres of timberland back to natural sandy dunes with the hope they can get to 100,000 acres. It has its own Facebook page,
https://www.facebook.com/SandValleyRestorationTrust/

They have another project on the front burner that could be 70,000 acres. 

Don Mahaffey

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 05:56:49 PM »
Joel,
Not dishing anyone. By all accounts the public funds used to build the resort have worked as hoped and brought economic benefit to the area. My comment was in response to your implication that governments are always against him.  I just wanted to note that not all governments are the same.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 09:37:22 PM »
Joel,
 My comment was in response to your implication that governments are always against him.

"Are always against him"?   Where did I say that?

I said he's been burned before, that's not always. 

He's 0-2 in the last few years (Bandon Muni and Coul Links).  He's about to be 0-3 with his project in California on it's death bed. 

To bring this back on topic, he's not involved at Coul Links and letting this local group fight the battle. If they succeed (very doubtful) he's happy to be involved.

Niall C

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 08:37:15 AM »
Joel

When, in the case of Embo, you try and slant the planning process in your favour by lobbying politicians you can hardly complain of being burned when the process goes against you. It's also disingenuous to say he not's involved in the revised proposal when he's effectively underwriting it.

Niall 

David_Tepper

David_Tepper

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 08:27:12 AM »
My takeaways:

Are dishing and dissing the same thing? When I'm dishing on someone, I have the hots for her/him/them.

I'd like to have Don and Adam in a four-ball. I know that I'd learn a lot. That leaves one space open.

If Mclemore can go lower, then Coul can go higher.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back