News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: What course
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2021, 06:19:18 PM »
And the bareness suggests the course is on the East side (Rain Shadow side) of the mountains..

Or, they could be very rocky.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

David Ober

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2021, 06:36:54 PM »
Furnace Creek?  ;D

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2021, 07:14:40 PM »
And the bareness suggests the course is on the East side (Rain Shadow side) of the mountains..

Well its a bit more than that. Snow accumulation typically persists longer on north facing slopes due to lack of direct sunlight until summer, so that view point in the picture is more than likely from the East.

P.S.  The mountain configuration looks similar to the sisters to the west of the Bend area, but can't find a course close enough that fits.  Black Butte appears too far away...

Stephen Davis

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2021, 07:33:39 PM »
Somewhere near the Sierra Nevadas in California.

Drew Harvie

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2021, 07:44:43 PM »
Idaho?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »

Well its a bit more than that. Snow accumulation typically persists longer on north facing slopes due to lack of direct sunlight until summer, so that view point in the picture is more than likely from the East.

P.S.  The mountain configuration looks similar to the sisters to the west of the Bend area, but can't find a course close enough that fits.  Black Butte appears too far away...

Which part of "rocky" and not the mountain range that Mt. Shasta is in didn't you understand? ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2021, 09:55:43 PM »
Very sure I have narrowed this down to one of three courses in Montana.  Garland, is the picture BS?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:26:29 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Brent Carlson

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2021, 10:06:49 PM »
Glacier Park Lodge Golf Course

Garland Bayley

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2021, 10:34:06 PM »

Brent wins the prize! He has the honor of hosting me at the golf course of his choice. ;D

The next closest suggestion would be TD's, which may speak to his eye for terrain, vegetation, and 3-D visualization.

Have you played the course Brent?

Brent Carlson

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2021, 10:42:52 PM »

Brent wins the prize! He has the honor of hosting me at the golf course of his choice. ;D

The next closest suggestion would be TD's, which may speak to his eye for terrain, vegetation, and 3-D visualization.

Have you played the course Brent?

Alright Garland!  I have not played the course, but I knew it was near Glacier park with those distinctive peaks.  I've hiked there often.  Next time you're in the area I'll host you at Rustic, or wherever we may meet.  Fun trivia

Pete_Pittock

Re: What course? - Glacier Park Lodge Golf Course id'd by Brent Carlson
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2021, 10:55:55 PM »
Looking though the archives it may be a Doak 1 or 2.  I thought it looked like Big Sky Resort or one of the other courses near there.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2021, 11:01:11 PM »
Looking though the archives it may be a Doak 1 or 2.  I thought it looked like Big Sky Resort or one of the other courses near there.

It is a narrow corridor down between the trees. Sound like anyplace we have played together? ;)

Big Sky! Whew, I thought for a minute you were accusing me of slinging a line of bull.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2021, 11:29:08 PM »
Bring your bear spray.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back