News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

OT - FYI for those who use the "New" button to follow topics.
« on: December 28, 2020, 11:52:23 AM »
Hey All,

This is an FYI, for those who use the New button to track updated Subject conversations.  Currently there is a defect in the website software that will remove the New button on the following topic, after selecting the one right above it.

For example, in the following screenshot, I clicked on the New Button of the first topic only.

After reading the updated post(s), I then returned to the Discussion Group and refreshed the page. It then looked like this, where the New button in the topic immediately following it was now gone:

I have submitted this issue to Ran to forward along to his site provider for a fix.  Until then, the workaround is to read all your topics from the bottom up.  For example, if you log on to the site first thing in the morning and 10 topics have new comments, if you work from the bottom up, you'll be able to see all of the updated posts, as the New buttons will work as expected.

Thanks!

Kalen

Edit: This may only occur if you use Chrome.  I tested it in IE and the problem doesn't seem to happen.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 12:05:02 PM by Kalen Braley »

Marty Bonnar

Re: OT - FYI for those who use the "New" button to follow topics.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 11:56:25 AM »
Seems to be okay on my iPad.
I’ve actually NEVER used the new button - didn’t even know it WAS a button!
 ;D
Always just clicked the last page number on a topic.
Strange how many ways there are to do things on t’internet.
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 11:59:23 AM »
Hey Marty,

It could just be a browser issue for Chrome in Windows, i'm guessing you use Safari.  But the nice thing about using the New button is it takes you to the first unread post of that subject, so you don't have to fish around and waste time re-reading stuff.  But a guy like you probably likes wasting as much time as possible! ;D

Kalen

P.S.  It looks like this issue may only occur in Chrome. I just tested it in IE and the problem doesn't happen...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 12:04:13 PM by Kalen Braley »

Joe Bausch

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 12:51:47 PM »
A couple of weeks ago people starting telling me they couldn't see any of the images I was posting to the "maps" thread.  I think for some at least was also a Chrome browser issue.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 01:02:21 PM »
A couple of weeks ago people starting telling me they couldn't see any of the images I was posting to the "maps" thread.  I think for some at least was also a Chrome browser issue.

Joe,

I can't see your images either...like the ones you just posted in the other thread just a few minutes ago...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:27:50 PM »
I have notice that some replies to topics I have replied to don't show up in "Show replies to your posts."

Never trust software geeks.

I tried to replicate software geek Kalen's new on Windows 10 Chrome bug. Did not replicate.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:30:27 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 03:04:09 PM »
I have notice that some replies to topics I have replied to don't show up in "Show replies to your posts."

Never trust software geeks.

I tried to replicate software geek Kalen's new on Windows 10 Chrome bug. Did not replicate.

That's interesting Garland.  I'm on Win 10 and have the most recent version of Chrome, which version are you using?  It could have been something introduced by the latest version of Chrome.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 06:28:17 PM »
I doubt I have the latest version.
That might actually take time to download and install.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 09:26:22 PM »
I don't experience this bug on the latest Safari in Big Sur (macOS).
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

Mark Kiely

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 08:34:24 PM »
This is happening to me (Chrome mobile) even when NOT clicking the "New" button. After I've finished reading and want to return to the main forum page, I then hit the three bar/hamburger menu, then select "Discussion Group."

When I return, the "New" label has disappeared not only from the thread I read, but also the one immediately beneath it.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Kalen Braley

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 11:52:08 PM »
This is happening to me (Chrome mobile) even when NOT clicking the "New" button. After I've finished reading and want to return to the main forum page, I then hit the three bar/hamburger menu, then select "Discussion Group."

When I return, the "New" label has disappeared not only from the thread I read, but also the one immediately beneath it.

I've noticed the same since then Mark.  Just going into the topic, makes the new button in the following topic disappear.

Ran has submitted it to his provider, so we'll see what happens!

Thanks!

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 02:24:40 AM »
I can't remember the last time this website/forum worked like it should.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back