News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Re: Cool Clubhouse Settings
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2021, 08:52:48 PM »
Porthcawl
Varadero

James Brown

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2021, 09:56:20 PM »
On my first trip to the UK many years ago, I had a martini on the deck of the Old Head Clubhouse as the sun was setting.  Will always remember that setting. 

The coolest clubhouse by far has to be the R+A!

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2021, 10:34:47 PM »
Ugh I really dislike threads like this.

You could post a picture of dinner by White Lake.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

PCCraig

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2021, 11:56:53 AM »
Ugh I really dislike threads like this.

You could post a picture of dinner by White Lake.

I could, and it's lovely!

But these threads devolve into "look where I've been" lists that add no value or description. So, I'd rather share that view in person than by including it within a list of ten other clubs I've been to.
H.P.S.

Brian Brown

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2021, 11:29:41 PM »
Rockaway Hunting Club set on the south shore of Long Island is an amazing setting.  From the back patio of the club house the views are of miles of wetlands and open bays with the barrier island in the distance.  To be two mile from the NYC border and 15 miles from downtown Manhattan and still have open views and be surrounded by 1000's of acres of undisturbed nature is incredible.

Michael Felton

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2021, 09:26:09 AM »
Crail is one of the first that comes to mind…. Trying to think of other links courses with clubhouses that are directly adjacent to the sea / ocean? Can think of a few that have good long views (Strandhill for one).

Porthcawl and Brancaster spring to mind. Hunstanton as well although it isn't quite as aggressively close as Brancaster.

In the US The Bridge is a pretty special spot.

Anders Rytter

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2021, 03:47:43 PM »
Cruden Bay

David Whitmer

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2021, 04:54:39 PM »
I once played the Cochise course at Desert Mountain, then had dinner and drinks at that clubhouse, with a terrific view of the desert and sunset. I remember thinking that was a fabulous place to hang out.

Phil Burr

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2021, 07:13:33 PM »
I have a decided preference for clubhouses that are situated so that the 18th hole plays entirely within view of the terrace/patio.  It’s therefore impossible for me to top Mid Ocean, where #18 passes the clubhouse, with the view taking in the entire hole backdropped by endless ocean.

John Foley

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2021, 08:25:46 AM »
How about the Aeire at Stone Eagle. Not the clubhouse but what a spectacular place.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Jon Claydon

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2021, 03:13:00 PM »
Crail is one of the first that comes to mind…. Trying to think of other links courses with clubhouses that are directly adjacent to the sea / ocean? Can think of a few that have good long views (Strandhill for one).

Views from Ballybunion upstairs bar terrace out over 17 and 18 to the ocean are pretty amazing.

Same with the views from the terrace bar at Old Head. 

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2021, 07:55:07 PM »
Very surprised no one has mentioned Capilano, in Vancouver. All the furnishings were imported from England. The view from the Mens Locker Room is sublime. 
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Richard Fisher

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2021, 12:42:36 PM »
Porthcawl and Brancaster (already mentioned several times) are my two personal faves, both in terms of setting and internal ambience. Inland in the UK it's harder to think of 'cool', although my preference for the traditional farmhouse/ cricket pavilion suggests Flempton and Worlington, both of which sit very nicely in context, and Aldeburgh has a lovely setting with the course stretched out below. But probably not 'cool'...

JMEvensky

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2021, 02:25:07 PM »
I've never been but Liberty National must have a pretty good view.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back