News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Charles Lund

Golf Games in San Diego Area
« on: November 18, 2020, 08:11:54 PM »
I've been holed up in the Pacific Northwest and am at my condo in San Diego for much of winter.

I am looking for occasional golf games in the greater San Diego area.

Feel free to send a message through GCA or respond with contact information.

Charles Lund

Greg Hohman

Re: Golf Games in San Diego Area
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 10:32:40 AM »
Hi Charles,

How long are you here? A herniated cervical disc has sidelined me since August, but once recovered I will be anxious to make up for lost ground.

greg
newmonumentsgc.com

John Crowley

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:06:57 AM »
I've been holed up in the Pacific Northwest and am at my condo in San Diego for much of winter.

Charles Lund
Send a PM if a Palm Springs visit comes up.

Charles Lund

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 12:15:51 PM »

Am in San Diego most of the time until March.

Charles

Quote from: Greg Hohman link=topic=69079.msg1657735#msg1657735 date
[font=Verdana
[size=78%]=1605799960][/size][/font]
Hi Charles,

How long are you here? A herniated cervical disc has sidelined me since August, but once recovered I will be anxious to make up for lost ground.

greg

Charles Lund

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 12:16:49 PM »

I will do that.

Charles

Charles Lund
Send a PM if a Palm Springs visit comes up.

John Emerson

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 09:33:52 PM »
Last time I was in SD I went to the starter shack at Torrey and asked him if he could find me a quality game and he found a couple folks he knew that were playing in an hour and he paired me up with them.  Super nice guys and we had a good match.
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Greg Hohman

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 11:22:15 PM »
John, super nice is not the norm everywhere? I came to golf late with negative preconceptions. Live and learn in several respects, one being: thrown as a single into a variety of groups and rarely experienced anything but support and a spirit of camaraderie.

Charles, you have a condo here. Any surprises left? Wish list? I have not been to two favorites, Pendleton and Warner Springs, in a while.
newmonumentsgc.com

Mark Kiely

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 11:58:09 PM »
John, super nice is not the norm everywhere? I came to golf late with negative preconceptions. Live and learn in several respects, one being: thrown as a single into a variety of groups and rarely experienced anything but support and a spirit of camaraderie.

Charles, you have a condo here. Any surprises left? Wish list? I have not been to two favorites, Pendleton and Warner Springs, in a while.

I finally had a weekday off last week to stop in at Pendleton in an effort to get a 60-day base access pass, but you need two forms of government ID and I didn't have my passport with me. Actually have another day off next week and might try again. I love Marine Memorial.

I had called the course and they told me once you get the 60-day pass, the course can assist in getting a one-year pass. (Not to butt in on this thread, but if you haven't played there recently, I wasn't sure if you're aware you can no longer simply drive on to the base.)
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Greg Hohman

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 01:32:34 AM »
Mark, thanks for the heads-up.
newmonumentsgc.com

Charles Lund

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2020, 10:24:10 AM »

I've had the condo here since 2001, so I have played most of the layouts here.

I see some mention of a couple of courses I will try.

I was out at Torrey North yesterday afternoon for a three hour round for nine holes.  Going to Carlton Oaks this morning, maybe Pala Mesa tomorrow.

Mostly interested in walking to help with staying fit and getting in a lot of swings.

Charles

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back