News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

OT—Electric Push Carts
« on: February 03, 2021, 11:51:12 AM »
My wife is in the market for an electric push cart. She does not want one that follows you. Being able to navigate hills safely and easily the main objective. Positive and negative recommendations welcome.

Thanks,

Ira

Mark Mammel

Re: OT—Electric Push Carts
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 01:52:56 PM »
I have tried a few and for the money I like the Bat Caddy X3R. Pros: simple, has remote but you can also operate from the handle, low center of gravity and great balance wheel on the back to prevent tipping over on hill climbs. Automatic stop if there is no in put from the remote after a short time, preventing runaways. The company site (https://batcaddy.com/) has parts available for damn near anything and most issues can be managed at home with a screwdriver and pliers. Cons: not very fancy, no gyro so it needs course adjustments as it travels forward, no basket to carry stuff, not a great cupholder.
So much golf to play, so little time....

Mark

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 03:56:06 PM »
Best one out there is the MGI which is sold by Costco.  It has a lithium battery, easy to operate remote and importantly has the patented gyroscope feature so if cart is going along and comes to a sidehill it continues straight which is really important.  With the remote you can walk up to the green and direct it around the green and meet you on the back and with the gyroscope you don't have to keep fussing with it if it comes to a sidehill, etc.  There must be 20 guys at my club who have bought them in the last few months.

https://www.costco.com/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10701&storeId=10301&langId=-1&krypto=1lSASu67Fd6VRDPZ416nTDpJte%2BOLUQ8ZSRQ6jODpzj7vWxUtHaQ%2B4zpG8IBWlvp2HNJuCEm42TyM%2BF6xy4mrp7GzoYNkw9c0tExECtwY2o%3D&ddkey=http%3ALogoff

Andrew Bertram

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »
Ira

The MGI Navigator is excellent. we have sold over 50 to members in last 12 months as well as having a fleet of 16 of their buggies, they rarely miss a beat, simple to operate and not overly heavy
Having the 2 front wheels makes it more stable than others

The battery, lithium, can last up to 5 years is light.

second would be motocaddy M7, not sure if sold in the USA, was released here in December and we sold out our allocation of 10 in 3 weeks. Slightly lighter and sleeker than the Navigator, only 1 front wheel, folds up very well and battery is a bit lighter
No history as yet in regards to service issues

Navigator does have the gyro which is great on hilly tracks

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2021, 05:05:34 PM »
The U.K. is the home of the electric trolley and virtually nobody uses a remote control.

The most popular model is the Motocaddy S1 which is cheap, completely reliable and almost totally indestructible. Look no further!

Pat Burke

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 08:15:48 PM »
Have used two different bat caddy
And they were both very good

Lithium battery to me is a must for an upgrade
Makes it much easier to lug around

Mark Mammel

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 10:40:58 PM »
While not the decider for many, the Bat Caddy with lithium battery is still $500 less than the MGI.
So much golf to play, so little time....

Mark

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back