GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

The beauty of St. Enodoc

<< < (3/3)

David_Tepper:
Noel-
I am glad to see you finally got to St. Endoc and enjoyed it as much as I did a year ago. Thanks for posting the picture. What a great spot!
As I recall, Tom Watson played there last July prior to playing in the Open. Unless I am mistaken, I heard him say in an interview that the Club Secretary at St. Endoc was actually an American who went to high school with Watson in Kansas City.
DT

NAF:
David,

That would be Mr. T.D. Clagget (Tuck) who is a boyhood friend of Watson's.  Tuck was a sports management executive over here and has been at St. Enodoc for a year. We spent some time with him (he is a gentleman) and had a great time.

Tom_Doak:
After playing golf a bunch in the last week it is hard to imagine that I ever shot 68 anywhere, but it's true.  I made six birdies and five bogeys that day so it was hardly an even-keel round of golf ... it was a real rollercoaster, as is the golf course.

I have never gotten back to St. Enodoc in 20 years.  It's the course I would most like to see again, though a small part of me hates the idea of going back and shooting 86 there!

RT:
One can appreciate the enormity of the sand dunes complex of the golf course while pondering from the village of Padstow, across the estuary from Rock (the village where St. Enodoc is located).  Also due to its location there are few if any organized golf tours one is accustomed to see in Scotland and around London.

I enjoyed when Mr. Clagett said with his arrival that he is not trying to "buff" it up too much, so as to keep its natural charms.  Tom, when you are over again I'd enjoy taking you down there and see you shoot another 68!

RT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version