News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Scotch Hall Preserve ( Palmer, 2009) Merry Hill, NC for sale
« on: October 09, 2020, 12:14:20 PM »
Wanna buy a golf course? Contact me for details...

https://scotchhallpreserve.com/golf/

ONLINE AUCTION: Nov 16th - Nov 18th, 2020

Starting Bid $1,350,000
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 01:32:02 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jonathan Mallard

Re: Scotch Hall Preserve ( Palmer, 2009) Merry Hill, NC for sale
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 12:24:33 PM »
This is (yet) another opportunity for me to remind everyone here of the opportunity to form some entity under which to own and operate a golf course....

Private messages are open!

jeffwarne

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »
Beautiful area.
Intriguing.
Developers selling or members selling after buying it from developer?
Looks like an exposed site for a home.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »
The developer is selling. Golf course gets good reviews. See website,

Scotch Hall Preserve is a 900-acre residential waterfront community on the bluffs of North Carolina’s Albemarle Sound featuring a world-class Arnold Palmer Signature golf course, 17-slip marina site permitted for 107 slips, and resort-style amenities. This exceptional coastal community currently has 193 developed vacant lots for sale as well as two rental homes owned by the developer. The density for the entire community allows for approximately 1,200 lots, so with 264 already developed or partially developed, another 898 can be developed in the future.

Scotch Hall Preserve
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson

Carl Rogers

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 08:21:20 PM »
Live in SE VA, played once.  No reason to return.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Steve_ Shaffer

« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 12:39:48 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »

Adam T

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 10:29:18 PM »
Scotch Hall is an excellent golf property with some architecturally intriguing holes. It is comfortably in my top 10 of 100+ North Carolina courses played.

On my first trip to Merry Hill, I expected to be blown away by views of the sound. While views of the water were more limited than I had anticipated, the actual routing of the golf course took me by surprise. Wind is a major factor, and as the holes play in virtually every direction every club/shot type in your bag will be tested. The use of mixed-width corridors, centerline bunkers, and undulating fairways make the proper playing angles essential to success.

While not critical for great architecture, the course has tremendous practice facilities (I spent hours at the chipping/pitching area AFTER my most recent round), stand-out conditioning, and friendly staff, to-boot. I wrote a review which hopefully showcases my admiration for this underrated golf destination at Top100GolfCourses.com: https://www.top100golfcourses.com/golf-course/scotch-hall-preserve

It is too bad that Scotch Hall is just far enough to make the drive a bit of a pain from...well...virtually anywhere. If this course were within 1-1.5 hours of Raleigh (instead of 2-2.5), I would join as a non-resident member. As a total package, it is quite a bit stronger than any facility in the Triangle, in my opinion. It is well worth the trip even with the distance, but if you can make a weekend out of it to enjoy Edenton, it is a solid weekend getaway.

Again, Scotch Hall surprised me quite a bit with its very thoughtful, variety filled, super exciting routing!

Scott Weersing

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 12:57:16 PM »
Here are some more details:

http://listings.leisurepropertiesgroup.com/propdetail.cfm?listings_id=264

I was told that the owners, from Austria, had deep pockets and were in this for the long haul. The course was built in 2007 and survived the Great Recession of 2008.

Owned by the RIAL Corporation or by Innsbrook Golf & Marina, LLC. Not really sure.

And the real owners are, "the multifaceted North Carolina property development enterprises controlled by two Austrian businessmen, Alois and Richard Rieder" "[/size]the Rieders are residents of Austria and the principal owners of two foreign companies: Watersprings Development ("Watersprings") of Switzerland and Nufin Anstalt of Liechtenstein. These companies are shareholder owners of Rial, a North Carolina corporation.[/color][/size][/color][/size] Rial is, in turn, the sole shareholder of Innsbrook, a limited liability company organized under the laws of North Carolina"[/color]

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 01:00:51 PM by Scott Weersing »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back