News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Martin

Tom Sullivan, PGA Professional
« on: October 08, 2020, 01:12:30 PM »

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/news/local/falling-tree-kills-renowned-great-barrington-golf-pro-thomas-sullivan/article_93ca91ca-08ff-11eb-93c7-97408d0c817f.html

Tom Sullivan was a legendary golf professional at Wyantenuck CC in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. More than a golf professional he was one of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet. I knew him a little and was lucky enough to see him three weeks ago out on the golf course where I told him that everyone missed the Spring Open at Wyantenuck. As was his way he said to give him a call to come up and play before the colder weather arrives. Finally I think the attached article can give you an idea about how much Tom will be missed. RIP

Bret Lawrence

Re: Tom Sullivan, PGA Professional
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »
This is very sad news to me. Tom Sullivan was a world-class gentleman and a true professional.  Tom was the kind of Pro every golf course dreams of.  I knew Tom from playing in the Wyantenuck tournaments over the years and he was always excited to see players returning year after year.  I had many great conversations with Tom over the years.  I always asked him about the history of the course and he always had some amazing stories to share.  One year, before I could even ask a question he handed me a copy of the Clubs history book and said this is something I know you will enjoy. 

Tom knew his members and he knew his guests so well and he always treated everyone with great respect.  My condolences to his family and his membership and really anyone that crossed paths with Tom Sullivan. If you met him once he was a friend for life, he was just that good of a guy.  He will be greatly missed.  Rest In Peace Tom!

Brad Tufts

Re: Tom Sullivan, PGA Professional
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 10:05:04 AM »
I was heartbroken to see this yesterday.

The furthest I made it in the Mass Amateur was at Wyantenuck in 2011.

Tom was very welcoming to me for a practice round before the event, and given that I was one of 8 players left before I bowed out, I was able to have several great conversations with Tom over the course of the week.

My sincere condolences to his family, and to all that enjoyed Tom's love for life and golf!
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Rob Marshall

If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back