News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Bacsanyi

"Hold" shots, shots that curve against a wind or opposite a slope and end up going dead straight at the target

Skip, skip, grab, trickle wedge shots around the green

Downhill left-to-right sliders that find the bottom

Low knuckleball drives on firm fairways that run forever

Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

Jay Mickle

-Full swing flop shot from impossible lie over bunker to tight pin.
-Long approach shot on the ground over uneven terrain getting close to the pin.
-Hitting the ball in the air into the fairway, in the first group, on the first tee, at The Mashie in front of guys you haver never met.
@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Michael Felton

Any shot where I have a vivid image in my mind of what I want to do and then do it. For the most part though, I really enjoy hitting a long iron into a green. It's a strength of mine. I also like hitting driver off the deck. That one needs a par 5 with plenty of room and a good firm tight lie.

cary lichtenstein

I loved my short game which I excelled at, so chipping, blasting, flopping, running up for gime-me's, i loved, but hitting shaped shots into greens, a rope hook, a gentle draw, a well executed fade...gave me alot of pleasure.

A bombed drive no way, too easy.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Thomas Dai

A further look at the tally to date -

Around the green inc bunkers - 10 - moi, DT, SA, TM, DC, DD, JB, BS, TB, JM, GL,
Long putting - 1 - GS
Long approach shots - 13 - AMcI, IF, MP, PP, TM, JS, MC, JM, JR, LD, JM, MF, GL,
Over a certain distance - 1 - TW
Shaping shots & strike quality - 3 - JE, PF, TB,
General challenge - 1 - MF
Tee shots - 3 - MP, JS, NC,

As before, if I've allocated initials to an inappropriate category, and other categories can exist as well should folks wish, then by al means advise accordingly. One type of well executed thrill/satisfaction shot each preferred, two max.

A pattern seems to be emerging, admittedly within a small catchment.

atb
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 05:10:25 PM by Thomas Dai »

John Crowley

1 Well executed green side bunker shot

2 Any purely struck iron

3 Important 5 foot putt

jeffwarne

Curving a ball out of dry lie or pine straw.
Much harder to do now, and I really struggle with start lines now(the ball responding to the exaggerated face positions needed to create a curve now)which often results in shots whizzing backwards past my head.
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

archie_struthers

8)

Share the same opinion as Bill Seitz. Clipping one from fifty or so yards from a tight lie that skip-checks reminds me that maybe there is still a little hope!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back