News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

OT - Anyone Been To St. Andrews Lately?
« on: July 03, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has actually been in St. Andrews over the past couple of weeks (or talked to someone who has), to play golf or just look around. Is the town busy or empty? Are the courses getting much play? Just curious.

Mark Smolens

Re: OT - Anyone Been To St. Andrews Lately?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2020, 05:20:37 PM »
There’s a live feed run by the Links Trust with cameras at various points on the Old Course. A buddy of mine was there in ‘19, and I watched him tee off and later cross the Swilcan Bridge

Tim Martin

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 07:09:30 PM »
There’s a live feed run by the Links Trust with cameras at various points on the Old Course. A buddy of mine was there in ‘19, and I watched him tee off and later cross the Swilcan Bridge

Good to know if you’re looking to avoid a process server or a jealous husband.

Clyde Johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 05:06:23 AM »
The courses were pretty rammed the first couple of weeks, though of course not all of them were open.

Just the Castle Course to open now and less gaps between tee times, so play is more spread out.

It was wet on Friday. The ballot was not full, and I was able to move back in hope of a dry time. It was still raining, so played the New in the evening as the only group out; there were about three groups on the Old course, and a lone golfer on the Jubilee.

I still think play is limited to Links Ticketholders, though we are now allowed to bring guests from another two households.

Town itself was dead for lockdown. Nice days are starting to bring a few more visitors in, but once they leave for the evening it is still very quiet.

James Reader

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »
Sounds promising. I’m going to be up in St Andrews for 10 days from the middle of next week, and again in August. I’m hoping for a much better chance of some games on the Old than there normally is at this time of year (assuming they open it up to none Links Ticket-holders before then).

James Reader

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2020, 02:44:33 PM »
I can report that St Andrews is still pretty quiet.  I‘ve only played the Old once this summer (you can’t turn up as a single and get a game, unfortunately) but the other courses are very quiet, in the afternoons at least.  The tee sheets are virtually empty after 3pm on all the other courses.  It’s much easier to get a game here than at home!

I’m here for another week if anyone fancies a game.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back