News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Kelly

Re: Harding Park
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2020, 09:17:52 PM »
 I thought the course was just ok when I played it but I think the PGA should go back.  It gave us a good tournament and its nice to have a place to go to in August where it won't be 95 with thunderstorms in the offing.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

David_Tepper

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2020, 09:25:20 PM »
David K. -

Nice idea except that this tournament was originally scheduled to be played in mid-May, when it is usually warmer and there is no fog.

DT 

Bernie Bell

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2020, 10:54:37 PM »
'Tis a gift to be simple.  Great course, great set-up, great tournament, great champion. 

William_G

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
David K. -

Nice idea except that this tournament was originally scheduled to be played in mid-May, when it is usually warmer and there is no fog.

DT
wasn't Harding scheduled for the PGA in August before the tour schedule was revamped last year?
just wondering
thanks
It's all about the golf!

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »
I think it was awarded when they weren’t sure if it would be May or August, but they knew either would work.

Incidentally I doubt they’ll ever go back to Harding as they have the PGA/Ryder Cup deal with Olympic. One can imagine this PGA might have been at Olympic if OC has known they wouldn’t be in line for another US Open in reasonably short order after 2012. I think the PGA, at the time, saw Harding as their only available option to play around SF.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back