News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

One for the Memory Banks by Luke Reese New
« on: August 08, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »
Per my post introducing the May Feature Interview, I promised that I would provide a link once Luke Reese’s One for the Memory Banks book was available to ship.

Here it is:

https://www.thememorybanks.com/pages/one-for-the-memory-banks-preview

A 55 page preview is included as well.

Luke’s vivid descriptions and economical use of words remind me of Hemingway and his tight narrative makes for a very fine, even moving, weekend read.

For those of us that have scrapped a fall trip to the UK, Luke’s tours around those links (some famous, some not) are the next best thing. We can all relate to the bonds formed from matches played there and how such events become ‘one for the memory banks.’ It all makes for a happy read in an unhappy year.

Hope you enjoy.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 01:55:15 PM by Ran Morrissett »

Ronald Montesano

Re: One for the Memory Banks by Luke Reese
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 10:25:01 AM »
I have a combined review of this and Getting To 18, coming out soon on WRX. I spoke with Luke for 90 minutes, having never met the man prior. He did mention a friendship with the other RM, but wouldn't go into details. I cannot recommend this book more highly. His voice is his own, and comparisons to others, does his a disservice. This is a layered collection of stories, similar to Lazy Days at Lahinch, for the joy that it will bring you.

My house number is 53, and I will now call it Royal Cinque et Trois, in perpetuity.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Greg Gilson

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 06:17:45 PM »
I just tried to order but they do not offer shipping to  Australia. I could not find any way of making contact with a human being via the online shop....but that may just be me! Does anyone know how to get a question about shipping to the author publisher? Thank you!

Paul Jones

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 07:22:57 PM »
I have been searching for a book to read and this fits the bill perfectly.

Paul
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 10:11:57 PM »
Greg, I'll let Luke know.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ian Mackenzie

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 09:21:30 AM »
Greg, I'll let Luke know.

Happy to help, RM.
Luke is one of my best friends. I probably play more golf with him than anyone else.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back