News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

paul westland

Hooper Golf Club, Walpole,NH.
« on: July 13, 2020, 07:05:25 PM »
...just home from lovely casual 9 @ this beauty... the routing and putting surfaces are gilt-edged. I am a local boy and thrilled that she is in fine condition given drought that is stunting local corn crop.  The greens were right at the standard Jay Clace; golf Pro and maintenance guru sustained for 3 decades... a most welcoming, unpretentious golf club. The two par three's are perfection. 

Cal Seifert

Re: Hooper Golf Club, Walpole,NH.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 09:03:30 PM »
Scheduled to pay here tomorrow morning, can’t wait. Love old school, low key New England courses.

paul westland

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 02:44:14 PM »
Cal: hope you have had a good outing today; not as steamy hot as yesterday around Walpole.

Cal Seifert

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »

We had to camp out in the pro shop to avoid the rain and thunder for a bit but had a great day. Favorite holes were 1 and 3. Loved the elevation and angles the greens required to get close to the hole. The right to left sloping fairways were not conductive to my hook!

Peter Bowman

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 09:08:37 PM »
...just home from lovely casual 9 @ this beauty... the routing and putting surfaces are gilt-edged. I am a local boy and thrilled that she is in fine condition given drought that is stunting local corn crop.  The greens were right at the standard Jay Clace; golf Pro and maintenance guru sustained for 3 decades... a most welcoming, unpretentious golf club. The two par three's are perfection.

I’m glad to see you guys had a good time out there last week.  I might have been out on the course the same time as you.  I was playing with golf writer Anthony a Pioppi, author of “The Finest Nines”. And two of his buddies. They had a blast

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 11:35:40 AM »
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back