News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Residents air concerns over Mill Valley Golf Course amid budget deficit
Mill Valley is considering handing off operation of its municipal golf course to a third party due to the coronavirus budget crunch.The idea is in early planning stages, Parks and Recreation Director Sean McGrew said. City staff hopes to have a request for proposals out within the next two months to present to the Parks and Recreation Commission.“It’s too early to say whether they will be paying or we create some type of agreement to do revenue sharing,” he said. “First we have to send out the request for proposals and see what happens.”Popularized by the pandemic, the golf course has seen a jump in revenue since it reopened May 4 as people flocked to take advantage of outdoor activities where they can practice social distancing.Read more...as always the published comments to the article are must reads
https://www.marinij.com/2020/07/24/residents-air-concerns-over-mill-valley-golf-course-amid-budget-deficit/
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Kevin_Reilly

Re: Mill Valley GC ( 1919, Marin County, CA ) another San Geronimo ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 08:22:05 PM »
Hope not the same situation.  San Geronimo was much more remote.
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Joel_Stewart

Re: Mill Valley GC ( 1919, Marin County, CA ) another San Geronimo ?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 10:00:35 PM »
I joined it years ago when I moved back from New Jersey. Lost in the finals of the club championships when I got the hooks.

Its a nice little course but like all California courses, it depends on the water source.  If they are paying for city water, its going to fail in the long run.

Not paying for city employees, and their benefits and pensions might help but they need to invest in the course and I doubt someone wants to take that on.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back