News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Pearce

Fife - 26/7 to 8/8
« on: July 21, 2020, 06:31:36 AM »
We're off up to Fife on Saturday for our first two weeks North of the border since Lockdown was eased.  If anyone fancies a game at Elie or Crail (or elsewhere in Fife) in that fortnight, please give me a shout, it would be great to see a few GCAers, having hosted Spangles and the Yank at The Northumberland on Sunday as they headed up to NBWL.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Marty Bonnar

Re: Fife - 26/7 to 8/8
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 08:54:16 AM »
Want to go see Dumbarnie?
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 09:09:40 AM »
F.
I'm up for a walk round.  Not for paying the green fee, though!
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

James Reader

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2020, 04:55:32 PM »
As you know Mark, we’re going to be missing each other.  I’m in St Andrews this week, back down south for a few weeks, and then back up here for three weeks from 15 August to 6 September.

The same invitation applies for me though.  If anyone fancies a game in that period, let me know. 

A positive of the current situation is that it’s easier to get times on the Old than usual (just back from a really enjoyable late afternoon round booked a couple of weeks ago); a negative (in the scheme of things, a very small one obviously) is that you can’t turn up as a single on any of the courses and hope to join up with others, which is something I do often when I’m up here.

While I’m up here, I am thinking about having a 36-hole day at Royal Aberdeen and Murcar - two courses that I’ve long wanted to play.  If anyone else is up for that, or even just one of the rounds, I’d be delighted to have someone join me.

David McIntosh

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 05:04:37 PM »
Mark,

Would have been great to get a game at Crail or Elie but I’ll be limited to Kinghorn this weekend over the next 2-3 weeks so hopefully you can make it on Sunday. Will make sure I’m free next time you’re up.

F.

F,

I’m up for a game at Dumbarnie if you want to play? Next few weekends are out but could try for the end of August if that’d work for you.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »
Mark,

Would have been great to get a game at Crail or Elie but I’ll be limited to Kinghorn this weekend over the next 2-3 weeks so hopefully you can make it on Sunday. Will make sure I’m free next time you’re up.

F.

F,

I’m up for a game at Dumbarnie if you want to play? Next few weekends are out but could try for the end of August if that’d work for you.

David,
That sounds great. Might be worth holding off just a wee tad longer until the clubhouse is fully open?
Cheers,
F.

David McIntosh

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2020, 05:24:20 PM »

David,
That sounds great. Might be worth holding off just a wee tad longer until the clubhouse is fully open?
Cheers,
F.

That’s fine with me. When is the clubhouse due to fully open then can get a date pencilled in?

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 05:39:56 PM »

David,
Cheers,
F.

That’s fine with me. When is the clubhouse due to fully open then can get a date pencilled in?

Not sure. A combo of Covid restrictions and building work...
If it doesn’t look like soon, we could still just go anyway. They’re serving grub and beer!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 03:11:30 AM »
Now I'm feeling like a cheapskate....

Could be persuaded to play Dumbarnie if others are up for it, though sounds like my timing doesn't work for David?

James Reader

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2020, 07:09:40 AM »

Could be persuaded to play Dumbarnie if others are up for it, though sounds like my timing doesn't work for David?

It is less than half the price for Scottish residents than us English Mark.  And even cheaper if you live in Fife. 

I’d definitely like to play it at some point, but £235 is a lot of money for a course that (presumably) is still settling in and where there isn’t even a clubhouse yet.

Niall C

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2020, 07:28:23 AM »
Dumbarnie - I'm happy to join at the second hole, after I've evaded security. I might have to leave you early though. Is there a get away short cut across the fields to the main road from the 17th green ?

Niall

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2020, 09:14:25 AM »
Dumbarnie - I'm happy to join at the second hole, after I've evaded security. I might have to leave you early though. Is there a get away short cut across the fields to the main road from the 17th green ?

Niall

If you’ve got a waterproof golf bag, you could easily swim in from Lundie or the Caravan Park. I’ve never tried playing golf in flippers, though. Might be fun..
F.

Jeff Schley

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2020, 09:29:30 AM »
Dumbarnie - I'm happy to join at the second hole, after I've evaded security.
That's funny...... What are the chances of Dumbarnie having an honor box???? ;D
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

David McIntosh

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2020, 03:58:07 PM »

Not at all Mark, the full rate certainly is punchy. Safe to say, I wouldn’t be quite as keen if they didn’t have the Scottish resident rate available.

My game on the weekend of 8/9 Aug has just been cancelled so could play on 8 Aug if that wouldn’t be too much of a hassle on your last day. Would that date would work for anyone else thinking about it?

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »
STOP THIS DISCUSSION! I'M GOING TO START CRYING! OPEN THE BORDERS!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »

Not at all Mark, the full rate certainly is punchy. Safe to say, I wouldn’t be quite as keen if they didn’t have the Scottish resident rate available.

My game on the weekend of 8/9 Aug has just been cancelled so could play on 8 Aug if that wouldn’t be too much of a hassle on your last day. Would that date would work for anyone else thinking about it?
Let's discuss at Kinghorn on Sunday.  8/8 is our last day but a morning game in Fife, or a game on the way down somewhere, would suit Cam and I very well!

Bill Gayne

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 08:54:36 PM »
STOP THIS DISCUSSION! I'M GOING TO START CRYING! OPEN THE BORDERS!

+1. It's not the fault of the people or the leadership in the UK that the borders aren't open.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back