News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Shamleffer

PGA Tour back?
« on: June 08, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
Right now, I have almost no interest in sitting down to watch golf on TV.  Perhaps by the time the US Ams arrive (Women's & men), I might then have an interest to watch golf.

I am enjoying back to playing golf.  I am enjoying sitting down to read some good golf writing.
But spending an afternoon in front of the TV watching golf, at this moment in time -- I can not get interest in that.

I am guessing I am alone and TV golf ratings will probably be slightly better than normal.
But is anyone else - due to the current events - less inclined to spend a Sunday afternoon watching TV golf at Colonial, & Hartford, and Detroit.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Lou_Duran

Re: PGA Tour back?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 10:31:20 AM »
I'll be watching Colonial with great interest.  Probably Detroit as well.  But other than the majors and a handful of tournaments at courses I like, I can't remember the last time when I've sat and watched golf uninterrupted for more than 15 minutes.

MCirba

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 10:57:35 AM »
"Wow, that one traveled over 350 yards in the air, David."

"Yes, that should leave him with a gap wedge approach.  When you have the others coming in with 8 and 9 irons that's a real advantage."

"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

David Wuthrich

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 11:22:11 AM »
I think people are starved for any sport "live", that it will get good TV numbers.
I'm sure I will watch some of it if I am not out playing instead.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 11:25:56 AM »
I'm with David,

Unless you're in to Futbol, or corn-holing, ain't much else on in the way of sports.  One thing this pandemic has made clear is how much less I watch TV when live sports aren't on...

So yes i'll be tuning in...

Tim Leahy

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 07:55:29 PM »
I'm with David,

Unless you're in to Futbol, or corn-holing, ain't much else on in the way of sports.  One thing this pandemic has made clear is how much less I watch TV when live sports aren't on...

Anybody else remember the term "corn-holing" to have a completely different meaning than it does today? ::)
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 08:00:58 PM »
It's that Catholic school education.

Sean_A

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 02:11:36 AM »
I'm with David,

Anybody else remember the term "corn-holing" to have a completely different meaning than it does today? ::)

Jeepers, I read about being into corn holing and thought WTF? Had to look it up to discover its the (bizarre) name of a game.

Nope, won't be watching golf.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 05:20:39 AM »
Im bias, but I think it'll be interested watching the "bombers" play tree-lined Colonial with all the specific angles.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Joe Bausch

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 05:43:58 AM »
I'll check in on it for sure.

I'm curious if pace of play will be different w/o any fans present.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 07:37:21 AM »
I’ll record it and watch it later at night for the spectacle of it all.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back