News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Emerson

Re: OT -Sweetens Cove (The Bourbon)
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 07:27:45 PM »
All the Buck Club boys have already bought them all up. Now we're going to have to stare at 12 months of Instagram posts of these dweebs drinking their $200 bourbon out of Solo cups next to the 9th green of some beat up $12 muni.  :P
Best laugh of the day.....the vision of buck club logos and over priced bourbon in a solo cup with the super cool carry bag on the ground...hopefully they remember to keep the cart out of the selfie

Post of the year??
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Tom Bacsanyi

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2020, 11:19:15 AM »

All the Buck Club boys have already bought them all up. Now we're going to have to stare at 12 months of Instagram posts of these dweebs drinking their $200 bourbon out of Solo cups next to the 9th green of some beat up $12 muni.  :P

Lololol. Now be honest. Are you legendary Twitter personality Alister WokeKenzie?

https://twitter.com/wokekenzie?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Don't play too much golf. Two rounds a day are plenty.

--Harry Vardon

PCCraig

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »

Lololol. Now be honest. Are you legendary Twitter personality Alister WokeKenzie?

https://twitter.com/wokekenzie?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Ha - nope. He’d probably make fun of me if he saw my set up.
H.P.S.

Eric Smith

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2020, 10:13:27 AM »
500 bottles sold out in 5 minutes

Mike Hendren

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »
A friend runs a store so I can buy several bottles.  This is a tough call between the bourbon, Doak's new book and a bed liner for my new pickup.   Feel free to speculate where my easily earned dollars will go.

Bogey
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:42:49 AM by Michael H »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
Peyton's stock went way up this weekend. He just knocked Fred Smith off the Tennessee Mt. Rushmore.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2020, 11:46:32 AM »
A friend runs a store so I can buy several bottles.  This is a tough call between the bourbon, Doak's new book and a bed liner for my new pickup.   Feel free to speculate where my easily earned dollars will go.
Why have you hopped on the Doak-trolling bandwagon?

Mike Hendren

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2020, 01:13:29 PM »
John, I'm quite fond of Tom and didn't realize that constituted "trolling."   I'd like to think I could have made the same comment to him face-to-face over a cold one.    Besides, I consider it a legitimate conundrum. 

Peace out.

Bogey

John_Cullum

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2020, 01:38:05 PM »

Bogey

Go for a spray on.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Eric Smith

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2020, 02:38:14 PM »

Bogey

Go for a spray on.

Tan?

Kalen Braley

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2020, 11:18:51 AM »
Bogey,

I wasn't sure what to make of that list either, although I certainly wouldn't be tempted by the bourbon option.

P.S.  Just in case... https://besttruckupgrades.com/best-diy-spray-in-bedliners-reviews/

JC Jones

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2020, 12:10:16 PM »
John, I'm quite fond of Tom and didn't realize that constituted "trolling."   I'd like to think I could have made the same comment to him face-to-face over a cold one.    Besides, I consider it a legitimate conundrum. 

Peace out.

Bogey

Don't you blaspheme in here!  This is my man!  This is my restaurant!

I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

John Mayhugh

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2020, 12:47:11 PM »
Bogey,
In this context, trolling would be posting something to provoke a reaction from either an individual (e.g. Doak) or others. It's quite common on social media platforms for people to "stir the pot" while providing nothing of real value or interest. Your post on this thread and the previous one about having Doak write a forward (sic) to the book you were not planning to write seemed like trolling to me. Each post implied his work (a limited printing of a book and reading and writing a foreward) didn't have that much value.

To me, it would be far more interesting to have people offer actual specific criticism of Doak's work rather than take little digs at him. There's also no need for me to try to "defend" the guy, as he's proven adept at that. I was posting more to show that I didn't think this was good for the GCA site.

Sean_A

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2020, 02:58:19 PM »
Bogey,
In this context, trolling would be posting something to provoke a reaction from either an individual (e.g. Doak) or others. It's quite common on social media platforms for people to "stir the pot" while providing nothing of real value or interest. Your post on this thread and the previous one about having Doak write a forward (sic) to the book you were not planning to write seemed like trolling to me. Each post implied his work (a limited printing of a book and reading and writing a foreward) didn't have that much value.

To me, it would be far more interesting to have people offer actual specific criticism of Doak's work rather than take little digs at him. There's also no need for me to try to "defend" the guy, as he's proven adept at that. I was posting more to show that I didn't think this was good for the GCA site.

Tucky

All is good so long as I can procure some of that fine Wheller bourbon... please 😎

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Mike Hendren

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2020, 06:15:45 PM »
Got it John - thanks.

Mike

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »
I don't know if you guys know Doak but he is the funniest most thick skinned guy on this site. With the possible exception of Ran. He doesn't need our protection.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2020, 07:58:30 PM »

Trigger Warning --No Laying Up, Sweetens Cove and The Buck Club (its happening) in one podcast.

If you can listen to this and not root for Sweetens Cove you are an economist at heart (inside joke). It's a little dusty in my quarantine location.

edit: link didn't work

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/no-laying-up-podcast
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

John Mayhugh

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2020, 07:54:59 AM »
Sean,
I'll see what I can do.

Sean_A

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2020, 08:58:37 AM »
Sean,
I'll see what I can do.

Cheers. If you get the 107 for a decent price I will happily reimburse your goodself.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Nothing

Buck Wolter

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2020, 09:15:39 AM »
Sean,
I'll see what I can do.

Cheers. If you get the 107 for a decent price I will happily reimburse your goodself.

Ciao

Weller Single Barrel is coming out in June -- will be even tougher to get than the antique I assume.
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back