News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Thomas Dai

To what extent has Covid impacted course machinery, equipment and supplies?
Manufacture, distribution, availability, support, spare parts, tools, consumables, etc etc .... ie basically every item green-keeping staff use to look after golf courses.
atb

Thomas Dai

Re: Impact of Covid on course machinery, equipment and supplies
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 01:20:20 PM »
Looks like there’s been no impact then!
Arb

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 01:26:40 PM »
I would doubt it. As a matter of fact we have found that there is no shortage of equipment in stock no matter what your occupation. That is until you go to buy it. We recently had a pick up truck salesmen tell us that we better hurry and get the one we wanted because they weren't making any new ones. The lot was full of ones they had already made. Of course we paid the man because we built the lot.

Bernie Bell

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 01:42:17 PM »
[deleted]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:49:38 PM by Bernie Bell »

Lou_Duran

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 01:53:28 PM »
David,

Give it time.  I suspect that like with jets, many orders will be postponed or canceled.  Good mechanics and small parts manufacturers may benefit from  a favorable market.  As an owner of large apartment properties once told me, the useful life of most assets is much greater than the recommended depreciation schedules, provided that they are properly maintained.

The wider pain will be felt when the governments discover that modern monetary theory is but a statist's wishful thinking and they have to shut-off the faucet.  Who knows, when some government jobs are at risk like those in the private sector, maybe we'll come to our senses.  I am not holding my breath.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 03:09:22 PM »
Demand for Pin Caddies has been very strong so that you can still hole your shots and then remove your ball from the hole without touching anything.

My club is operating with a much lower course maintenance staff and is cutting the rough less frequently then usual.  Presumably this will mean less wear and tear on mowers, and other related equipment that is used much less than is normally the case.

John Emerson

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 10:52:48 PM »
Almost all the Fertilizer/pesticides/seed salesmen I have spoken with have said there is virtually no change in product supply.
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back