News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Seminole
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »
Cirba!!!

Will Lozier

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2020, 04:07:22 PM »
I certainly didn't tune in to this match to hear DJT earn free campaign air time to spew political nonsense.  >:(

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2020, 04:10:04 PM »
Out of fairness I do hope they interview Biden from his bunker.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2020, 04:17:05 PM »
I’ll probably get slagged-off for saying this but what the hell.
Each to their own but I’ve turned off the TV coverage.
Maybe I’ll watch the “highlights/lowlights“ in a few days. Maybe, probably not.
Now I’m confident that Seminole is an absolutely wonderful golf course for the average, even better than average, amateur player using current generation equipment but as for watching elite players play the course using modern era clubs and balls it’s been a snooze fest (other than when they’ve missed a green or hit a teeshot into a scruffy, sandy area). Yawn.
I’m off now to watch some paint dry.
Atb

Mark Pearce

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2020, 04:17:37 PM »
I certainly didn't tune in to this match to hear DJT earn free campaign air time to spew political nonsense.  >:(
No, that's the point where I turned off.  I won't be buying another Taylor Made club.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Will Lozier

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2020, 04:22:04 PM »
I’ll probably get slagged-off for saying this but what the hell.
Each to their own but I’ve turned off the TV coverage.
Maybe I’ll watch the “highlights/lowlights“ in a few days. Maybe, probably not.
Now I’m confident that Seminole is an absolutely wonderful golf course for the average, even better than average, amateur player using current generation equipment but as for watching elite players play the course using modern era clubs and balls it’s been a snooze fest (other than when they’ve missed a green or hit a teeshot into a scruffy, sandy area). Yawn.
I’m off now to watch some paint dry.
Atb

Quasi interesting...but I am glad I am writing an online Honors Precalculus test on Limits from scratch as I "watch" (no longer listening).  ;D

Mark Kiely

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2020, 04:23:23 PM »

The green contours, bunker shapes and edges, and easy walkability look to me like a Floridian, more forgiving version of Desert Forest.

"We call it 'The problem that came in.'" POTUS's eloquence truly knows no bounds.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:26:18 PM by Mark Kiely »
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Kalen Braley

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2020, 04:43:12 PM »
It reminds me a bit of the East Coast version of CPC, which one was built first?

However, holes 7 thru 9 did look fairly pedestrian, but could be terribly wrong here.

P.S.  Agreed on Taylor Made, they aren't seeing another dollar from me either..,
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 04:51:34 PM by Kalen Braley »

Ira Fishman

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2020, 04:47:58 PM »
Are the greens really that difficult? The putting and chipping has been pretty mediocre to say the least.

Ira

Kalen Braley

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2020, 04:52:18 PM »
Are the greens really that difficult? The putting and chipping has been pretty mediocre to say the least.

Ira

I was wondering the same, they really seem to be missing thier caddy around the greens and on it...

Mark Kiely

« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2020, 04:56:03 PM »

Ira

I was wondering the same, they really seem to be missing thier caddy around the greens and on it...

Is it the caddies they miss or the green-reading books?
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Mike Schott

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2020, 05:00:03 PM »

Thank goodness for the mute button. And the 2000 PGA on CBS.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2020, 05:05:23 PM »

Ira

Is it the caddies they miss or the green-reading books?

I'm pretty sure a local Seminole caddy would have been worth several strokes....just on the greens.

Rob Marshall

« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2020, 05:06:02 PM »
No, that's the point where I turned off.  I won't be buying another Taylor Made club.

Taylor Made is an awful company. How dare they raise money for Nurses.......
If life gives you limes, make margaritas.” Jimmy Buffett

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2020, 05:09:39 PM »
This is exactly how poorly these guys play in pro-ams. They are tournament golfers. When a try hard doesn't try it appears hard.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2020, 06:15:30 PM »
Not much of a sacrifice from someone with a bag of Titleist sticks.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2020, 06:19:42 PM »
Are there women members at Seminole?
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Jeff Schley

« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »
What a cool event.  A welcome break from regular tournament golf and enjoyed seeing them be everyday Joes carrying their own bags.  Also nice to see them being human and missing a shot or two. The real winner was Seminole IMO, as it is a unique layout with beautiful aerials and packed into what appears a pretty tight piece of property. Understated and loved seeing Bob Ford at the outset, a class act.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2020, 07:52:42 PM »
It reminds me a bit of the East Coast version of CPC, which one was built first?

However, holes 7 thru 9 did look fairly pedestrian, but could be terribly wrong here.

Cypress Point looks to be a year older. And yes, 7 second shot through 11 tee shot are in the flat part of the course. It seemed to me like the ridge holes were really cool, while the non-ridge holes didn't have the terrain but also didn't have the most interesting greens either. Not sure if this is correct.

Mark_Fine

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2020, 08:32:14 PM »
Don’t you love when they talk about the “domed greens typical of Donald Ross”  :'(

archie_struthers

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2020, 08:53:50 PM »
 8)

It's short but fun !

MCirba

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2020, 09:32:26 PM »
So good to see some great architecture.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Jim Hoak

« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2020, 09:53:56 PM »
Taylormade doesn’t need me to defend them, but I think they provided a service to sports-starved people like me and raised a bunch of money for a good cause.  Why the strong objection to the company?

Tim Leahy

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2020, 01:24:36 AM »
You shouldn't blame Taylor Made for Dumb Donald's lies and ineptitude. The money raised should have come from the govt. in March if we had a real leader.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2020, 02:22:22 AM »
It reminds me a bit of the East Coast version of CPC

Upon reflection, it seems much more like the East Coast version of SFGC. A site that's 1/2 awesome and 1/2 plain. Exceptional holes where the terrain is interesting, but a small number of less inspiring holes where the terrain is flat. CPC has 18 holes of interesting terrain. Yes, Cypress Point depends on wind for much of its challenge as Seminole does. Maybe East Coast Cypress would be Fisher's Island?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back