News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian Galbraith

Re: Kinghorn, Fife (Old Tom & Willie Fernie)
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2020, 05:41:35 PM »
ok, Doodle completed - thanks Tim

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2020, 01:43:34 PM »
I can do any of the dates but also happy to meet up with Mark P and anyone else at a date that works for him.

Tim Gallant

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2020, 01:46:56 PM »
We've got 5 for the 29th, which is currently the date that suits best.

https://doodle.com/poll/p6n6q9q42ye9i2e5

Mark Pearce

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2020, 02:27:28 PM »
If you go with one of the dates I can do then I may well bring one or more of my offspring.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2020, 05:05:55 PM »
Have changed my answers as it looks as if I'll be at HCEG on 29th.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2020, 02:54:35 AM »
Have changed my answers as it looks as if I'll be at HCEG on 29th.

Very nice.

Ian Galbraith

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2020, 05:38:48 PM »
Most folks have now replied to Tim's Doodle poll with a preference for Sunday 26th. Unfortunately I'm pretty unlikely to make it that day so I suggest you guys go ahead and I'll make it to Kinghorn some other day.

David and I can revert to his original match venue suggestion of Newbattle.

Enjoy  :)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2020, 06:02:56 PM »
Sorry gents. Only just got around to filling in the doodle. I’m okay for any of the dates.
Isn’t it weird how the speed of time is now so variable post-virus?
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

David McIntosh

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2020, 06:03:44 PM »
Is everyone still on for Kinghorn on the 26th?

Looks like the tee is free from 10:00 to 12:50 then again from 14:10 onwards. What time works best for those attending?

Mark Pearce

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2020, 01:12:19 AM »
Is everyone still on for Kinghorn on the 26th?

Looks like the tee is free from 10:00 to 12:50 then again from 14:10 onwards. What time works best for those attending?
Yes, subject to my not qualifying for the semi-finals of the previous day's comp at Elie! 

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2020, 03:52:50 AM »
I've not yet consulted a higher authority and got my pass signed for such frivolity and fun, but I could potentially make this in the following way;

I'm playing Silloth on Saturday at 11.10 am with my golf architect mate Ken Moodie, who is driving us up from Manchester. If anyone fancies joining us they would be very welcome. I can sign you in for £25!

I could then grab a lift up to Scotland and stay over on Saturday night, returning home on Sunday afternoon/evening on the train after playing Kinghorn.

Anyone fancy Silloth on Saturday?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:46:09 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Niall C

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2020, 05:06:12 AM »
Duncan

I'd be very happy to join you at Silloth and to provide a lift up to Glasgow after.

Are the tee times actually booked for the Sunday at Kinghorn ?

Niall

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2020, 06:51:20 AM »
Duncan

I'd be very happy to join you at Silloth and to provide a lift up to Glasgow after.

Niall

Thanks Niall, I was hoping you’d bite!

I’ll be bringing Dan with me as my caddy. He’s so bored currently that the prospect of a long train journey with his dad and  traipsing round a golf course with a bunch of grizzled old men actually appeals to him. At this rate I might convince him one day to actually play!

A night in Glasgow sounds good. We’re both craving a pizza at Paesano’s!

This place seem like a good deal. Do you know it?

http://www.booking.com/Share-oRoNzoT
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 08:13:24 AM by Duncan Cheslett »

Tim Gallant

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2020, 01:32:17 PM »
Duncan

Niall

Niall,

I was hoping someone was going to break the tie between 26 & 29 July. I felt bad either way - if the 26th, then Ian, who kind of resurrected the idea wouldn't be able to play, but if it's the 29th, then Duncan wouldn't be able to play - either way I felt bad, so I sat on it! Apologies.

I might struggle for this Sunday, but crack on as that seems to work for a majority. I might still try to sneak out on the 29th if anyone fancies a repeat game / can't make the first day (looking at you Ian!)

Jon Wiggett

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2020, 03:31:52 AM »

David,

Looks like I am having to work on the 26th but won't know for sure until Friday. As I don't think it is fair to mess you about I will cry off this time. Gutted, as I was looking forward to it. Have a good game.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2020, 06:09:04 AM »
David,

Cameron and I would still be on for Sunday (again, subject to not finishing in the top 4 of the previous day's comp at Elie and having to play a semi-final).  I guess our preference would be for the morning times, not least as Cameron may be desperate to be back in Elie for 4pm to see if his beloved Watford can avoid the drop!

Mark
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:14:49 AM by Mark Pearce »

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2020, 07:35:52 AM »
Morning would suit me too because of the long journey home and especially because the 16.51 from Edinburgh to Manchester is currently on offer at £21.10 for the two of us!

David McIntosh

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2020, 04:40:50 PM »
Looks like we might have a couple of three balls for Sunday as things stand:

Me
Niall
Duncan
FBD
Mark
Cameron

Jon - no problem at all. Looks like we’ll have a couple of spaces at least so you could easily make a late call on it on Friday if you wanted.

Duncan, Mark - morning time is best for me too. Judging by the times of the trains/football something around 10:30 might suit everyone (Niall, FBD shout if not). Times aren’t booked yet but I could give them a call to see if we could take a couple of slots and confirm exact number of players later - will be min 4, max 6.

Mark - how’s the form? Is a semi-final appearance likely? Villa 1-0 up on Arsenal, not looking good for Watford at the moment!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 05:07:21 PM by David McIntosh »

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2020, 04:53:57 PM »
David,
Sounds great. I can get over there in twenty minutes or so. Happy to pick up/drop off folks at Kirkcaldy if trains are a better option for anyone.
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2020, 03:09:25 AM »
David,

Hints of form.  36 hole comp last Saturday saw me cut (on the basis of my afternoon round), so green shoots and all that.  We'll see.  10.30 suits us fine, though last night's results may make Sunday afternoon a very grim watch.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #70 on: July 22, 2020, 03:19:16 AM »
David,
Sounds great. I can get over there in twenty minutes or so. Happy to pick up/drop off folks at Kirkcaldy if trains are a better option for anyone.
Cheers,
F.

I've booked tickets for Dan and myself from Haymarket to Manchester at 16.55  That's got to be the best value I've ever had for twenty quid!  ;D

A lift to Kirkcaldy would be much appreciated for the 15.43 or the 16.12 to Haymarket. 

Niall C

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2020, 06:13:05 AM »
David

I'm definitely in for Sunday morning if you can book the tee-times.

Duncan

Happy to give you a lift from Glasgow to Kinghorn, and the B&B you mentioned is well positioned if it is the one I'm thinking of.

Niall

David McIntosh

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2020, 07:59:27 AM »
Two times now booked for Sunday at 11:10 and 11:20.

The times I previously mentioned from 10:00 have been booked so clearly this thread has had a wider impact on demand for golf at Kinghorn and there has been a run on tee times  ;D . On a more serious note, I went for 11:10/11:20 but they did also have 9:40/9:50 when I called if the earlier option would be preferable given the later trains to catch and football to watch.

I’ve only booked for 4 players at the moment as full payment was required (£17 per head). Mark - sounds encouraging and well done on the cut; let us know how you get on in the comp on Saturday and I can cancel and rebook to add another 2 players if you and Cameron are free to come along (booking system doesn’t allow amendments).

Mark Pearce

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2020, 10:12:14 AM »
Thanks, David.

The earlier times might be slightly preferable for us but 11.10/20 is fine and those coming from Glasgow may appreciate the later start.  We're both playing in the afternoon on Saturday, so will let you know in the evening if either of us qualifies for Sunday matchplay.

Have had another look at the flyover.  Utterly, utterly bonkers layout.  The tee shot from the White tees on 18 appears to play from a hole in the ground!  I'm really looking forward to this.

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2020, 02:42:37 AM »

Duncan

Happy to give you a lift from Glasgow to Kinghorn, and the B&B you mentioned is well positioned if it is the one I'm thinking of.

Niall

Nice one Niall.

Tee time at Silloth is 11.10. We should be there for 10.30.

I'll only be bringing a pencil bag so space in the car shouldn't be an issue. The B&B in Glasgow is just off Great Western Rd on Bank Street. About a mile from you?

See you Saturday!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back