News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Mickle

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

archie_struthers

Re: Ran is surely too modest to post.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 09:55:18 PM »
 8)

thanks for sharing...GCA has been a haven for many during our forced solitude

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 08:42:16 AM »
What a picture!
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 11:33:13 AM »
Nice article. It even makes it sound as though we actually did something important.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 12:57:21 PM »
All right, fess up.  Which one of you guys is Bill Coore posting here under a pseudonym?
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

V_Halyard

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 06:17:59 PM »
Wow.  Nice Pic too.
Great piece!
And speaking of true celebrity and notoriety, now the world knows that Ran is actually Bill Morrissette's brother!
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

PCCraig

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 09:29:56 PM »
A very nice article. I think we're all grateful to Ran and all of the pioneers of this website. I've learned a lot about a topic I love and I've have made quite a few friends!
H.P.S.

Steve Lang

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 12:33:27 AM »
Good read and we are certainly blessed having this site and all the inhabitants to interact with.

I think Ran's Mom should have gotten a little more credit, in the supporting role, outnumbered by the boys.  Ms. Sheila & I met her at the Go Canada event at Banff and got to talk a little at a Lake Louise lunch and in the gift shop, a delightful woman, who raised a great crew and our fav son.

Play on!

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 10:43:29 PM »

Interesting that Ran found the World Atlas of Golf, just like I did.  Not sure when the first edition came out, but I got one which I think was a second edition in 1977, just as I went to work for Killian and Nugent.  I was outraged, when I found they credited some Medinah renovations incorrectly, not giving them credit.  (I guess gca attribution has been a problem at least 20 years prior to any Merion thread.)

Despite a few flaws, it must have started many an architecture enthusiast in our generation on their way.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back