News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Emerson

Which course is this?
« on: April 26, 2020, 06:38:10 PM »
Anyone know what course this is?  It was taken in 1923 in Honolulu.  Sorry that is all the info I have.  Once I know what this is, I can put it in the appropriate thread.  Thanks

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KHeuZ9a6XUp80pLSR_VXqPhsqKa8-sFO

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DHKX9oknNjke_afBroSrfeJYeGYAZ7gx
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:43:33 PM by John Emerson »
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Pete_Pittock

Re: Which course is this?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:37:34 PM »
It might be Moanalua GC. Built on the Damon estate by his gardener Donald MacIntyre in 1898. Originally 18 holes, reduced to 9. Aerials show a significant hill in the middle. Close to Tripler Hosptial.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:47:15 PM by Pete_Pittock »

John Emerson

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 08:34:58 PM »
It might be Moanalua GC. Built on the Damon estate by his gardener Donald MacIntyre in 1898. Originally 18 holes, reduced to 9. Aerials show a significant hill in the middle. Close to Tripler Hosptial.

Yeah being that there was only a couple courses on the island at this point makes it easier to narrow down.  I am thinking it MGC as well, but I am hoping someone with a feel for golf history on the island will chime in to solidify our thoughts.
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Sven Nilsen

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 09:51:06 PM »
Oahu CC.
"As much as we have learned about the history of golf architecture in the last ten plus years, I'm convinced we have only scratched the surface."  A GCA Poster

"There's the golf hole; play it any way you please." Donald Ross

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 09:59:06 PM »
I stand corrected, as usual. If you google an aerial of Oahu CC you can see the lake just off property clearly shown on the first old aerial. On course water also in place. (Slowly moving towards fallible god status).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back