News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bernie Bell

Re: Cramming All the Majors Into the Fall
« Reply #150 on: April 12, 2020, 08:45:10 AM »
Nantz is all over the original broadcast anyway.  The value added is the golfer.  Like him or not, Phil is entertaining.  Watching his own 8 iron fall ever so gently to the left out of the sky on #12, "I find that very attractive."  I'll be watching the 2019 final today, and I remember who won. 

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #151 on: April 12, 2020, 09:11:05 AM »
Jerry, I was watching Nantz do this with Phil for the 2004 yesterday.  It was very interesting, what was going through Phil's mind as he tells it . . . although human memory is a funny thing.  I got to wondering whether the concept would liven up the rebroadcasts of other sports that are on 24/7 but concluded it may be particularly well suited for golf.  Although it might be fun to see the Houston Astros interviewed.

That is the one Nantz ruined for me. The Masters stands up without his mug.

I have also been enjoying watching old boxing matches. I don't need to be told who won in what round.

Nantz "ruined" a 16 year old golf tournament for you by telling you who won?  You should buy a new TV; mine have volume controls.

Since 2004 is ruined for you, move on to 2005.  You should root for Chris DiMarco; I think he can win it this time.  And I'm pretty sure that Scott Hoch will eventually make that putt on #10 in '89, so be looking for that one, too.

"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #152 on: April 12, 2020, 09:22:43 AM »
Funny you should mention volume control. I have been locked up with my 89 year old father for over 30 days now and dream of a day with lower volume. And yes, where I snuck back to watch the Masters coverage the volume on the set is indeed broken. Luckily it is only stuck on 3.

Tom_Doak

« Reply #153 on: April 12, 2020, 02:25:56 PM »
Michael Whitaker pointed out to me that CBS is broadcasting the 2019 Masters today and Jim Nantz had been Zoom conferencing with Tiger and Phil during the week and they will be splicing in their comments during the broadcast.  Hopefully, we will get some real insights of how Tiger goes about winning a tournament.

The current issue of GOLF DIGEST does pretty well in that regard.

Thomas Dai

« Reply #154 on: April 12, 2020, 02:58:19 PM »
Three US Majors in the Autumn. Isn’t there due to be some other big event taking place in the US around then, like on Tues 3rd Nov including the prolonged run-up period and events afterwards?
Atb

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #155 on: April 12, 2020, 03:04:28 PM »
Michael Whitaker pointed out to me that CBS is broadcasting the 2019 Masters today and Jim Nantz had been Zoom conferencing with Tiger and Phil during the week and they will be splicing in their comments during the broadcast.  Hopefully, we will get some real insights of how Tiger goes about winning a tournament.

The current issue of GOLF DIGEST does pretty well in that regard.

I can only hope that this fulfills Nantz's contract with CBS and he is fully paid for broadcasting a Masters in April.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #156 on: April 12, 2020, 05:47:03 PM »
Three US Majors in the Autumn. Isn’t there due to be some other big event taking place in the US around then, like on Tues 3rd Nov including the prolonged run-up period and events afterwards?
Atb
With mail-in ballots it won't be decided until after The Masters (Save the USPS, buy stamps from them).  SEC, ACC, B10 schedules
 U Mass @ Auburn UT Martin@Alabama Citadel at Clemson. Biggest remaining game is ND@GT. MSU/UK, Mizzou/Fla, OleMiss/Ark SC@LSU, Tenn/GA, Vandy/A&M, BC/FSU, MiaF/VT, NCS/Syr, Pitt/UNC, WFU/Louisville. Dog games in Big 10, B12, P12 play too late to conflct.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back