News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Sean_A

Re: Any course restrictions due to Coronavirus?
« Reply #750 on: April 24, 2020, 04:22:45 AM »
Seeing the coastal elite catching a breath of fresh air makes a Midwesterner proud.
If you or a family member gets sick, should the government be required to spend unlimited $ to get you well?

The US has plenty of money of take care of what Americans really need in a very tidy fashion. Its a matter of priorities.  I think for a significant percentage of people over 60, the pandemic is a reasonably high priority.

Ciao   
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Duncan Cheslett

« Reply #751 on: April 24, 2020, 04:56:51 AM »

I think for a significant percentage of people over 60, the pandemic is a reasonably high priority.

The Boomers are the most privileged generation in the history of the world, with possibly the greatest sense of self-entitlement.

They are now determined to pitch their grandkids and great-grandkids into lifelong penury in order to buy themselves a few more years of miserable existence.

And yes, I'm a Boomer!  ;)

Sean_A

« Reply #752 on: April 24, 2020, 05:20:13 AM »

I think for a significant percentage of people over 60, the pandemic is a reasonably high priority.

The Boomers are the most privileged generation in the history of the world, with possibly the greatest sense of self-entitlement.

They are now determined to pitch their grandkids and great-grandkids into lifelong penury in order to buy themselves a few more years of miserable existence.

And yes, I'm a Boomer!  ;)

Well, it is Boomer money on the table right now...no?  And I am not a Boomer...I don't care if sociologists say I am.  I come from a completely different time period than my older siblings born during and shortly after the war.  Its rough to have taken the money off a guy for his entire life then when the shit hits the fan to say...sorry...you are now a taker so you are less valuable.  As I say, there is money to take care of business and the first priority should be to avoid treating citizens as if they are a business decision.  Its just a matter of setting better priorities.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #753 on: April 24, 2020, 07:14:59 AM »
Warm outdoors is better than cool indoors. Don't fight it.

You would think a bunch of guys on a golf site would understand the difference between better and perfect.

archie_struthers

« Reply #754 on: April 24, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »
 8)

Warm outdoor vs ....

Jaka , you are like a fine wine getting better with age! :D

Kalen Braley

« Reply #755 on: April 24, 2020, 10:12:31 AM »
If there is an afterlife, Charles Darwin is undoubtedly enjoying a nice beverage with a wry smirk on his face...

This shit is so crazy, with the POTUS suggesting to infect disinfectant and all... you can't even make it up.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #756 on: April 24, 2020, 10:23:10 AM »
If there is an afterlife, Charles Darwin is undoubtedly enjoying a nice beverage with a wry smirk on his face...

This shit is so crazy, with the POTUS suggesting to infect disinfectant and all... you can't even make it up.

But they did make it up.

MCirba

« Reply #757 on: April 24, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
Lots of people are saying that those wipes also make a nice snack while playing.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #758 on: April 24, 2020, 10:35:55 AM »
As golfers let's not lose sight of the good news that direct sunlight is a good thing. We often have a choice between shade and sun during our respective down time. I had always chosen shade. Sun is the better choice.

Even something so simple as which cart to choose or where you lay your bag may be important. Far more important than putting up signs warning golfers to not drink out of the club washing bucket.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #759 on: April 24, 2020, 11:17:00 AM »
Michigan now has the green light to play golf.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tim_Cronin

« Reply #760 on: April 24, 2020, 11:44:19 AM »
Illinois courses may reopen on Friday, May 1. The usual restrictions; unclear on motor cart usage, final details not yet announced.
The website: www.illinoisgolfer.net
On Twitter: @illinoisgolfer

Thomas Dai

« Reply #761 on: April 24, 2020, 12:38:48 PM »
A question out curiosity if I may - in the USA is health an overall Federal Govt responsibility or is an individual State-by-State responsibility?
atb
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:58:29 PM by Thomas Dai »

Kalen Braley

« Reply #762 on: April 24, 2020, 12:55:04 PM »
A question out curiosity if I may - in the USA is health an overall Federal Govt responsibility or it an individual State-by-State responsibility?
atb

All of the above or none of the above depending on how you look at it...

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #763 on: April 24, 2020, 03:32:43 PM »
A question out curiosity if I may - in the USA is health an overall Federal Govt responsibility or is an individual State-by-State responsibility?
atb

You could try reading at this site:

https://international.commonwealthfund.org/countries/united_states/

Part of the article presents this graphic:

If you can figure out this dog's breakfast, maybe you could give us the short answer to your question, although Kalen has probably summed it up pretty well.

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #764 on: April 24, 2020, 03:47:04 PM »
Lots of people are saying that those wipes also make a nice snack while playing.

Good to know that you know the same "lots of people" as the President knows.   ;D

In clean up mode this morning, it seems that the fake news took his comments out of context and that they were sarcastic comments aimed at the reporters in the briefing, notwithstanding that he turned sideways and directed them at his own doctors.  Now, what does sarcastic mean again and how does it apply here?  It's good to see the fake manufacturers felt the need to issue statements that people shouldn't ingest their sanitizing products.  I guess they missed the sarcasm too?

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #765 on: April 24, 2020, 04:06:53 PM »
The only people dumb enough to drink Lysol are smart enough to know a joke when they hear one. It's called equilibrium.   

MCirba

« Reply #766 on: April 24, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »
Bryan,

Don't sarcastically misquote me.   ;D

Many people are saying don't listen to the President of the United States because he is a master of sarcasm during the yugest world crisis in our lifetimes  Many fine people.  Great people, believe me.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #767 on: April 24, 2020, 04:12:13 PM »
Michigan now has the green light to play golf.

What a bizarre world.  I can now cross the Detroit River to walk and golf in the Michigan epicenter while I can't golf at all in Ontario with an infection rate that is a fraction of Michigan's. But then, I couldn't get across the American border anyway because we're a threat to bring the virus into Michigan.  Oh well, another few weeks of hunkering down.  Maybe by then the weather will be more conducive to playing here and the government will see the wisdom in opening the golf courses.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #768 on: April 24, 2020, 04:20:07 PM »
Bryan,

Don't sarcastically misquote me.   ;D

Many people are saying don't listen to the President of the United States because he is a master of sarcasm during the yugest world crisis in our lifetimes  Many fine people.  Great people, believe me.

Mike,

Who should we listen to? Who was giving Fredo advice when he continued to broadcast every night eventually infecting his wife and child?

btw: This isn't as bad as Vietnam.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #769 on: April 24, 2020, 04:22:18 PM »
Gentlemen,
Here in Oz I have the warmth, humidity and strong sunlight so I will be outwardly disaffected if being inwardly disinfected fails to produce a cure!
Good health, Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #770 on: April 24, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »
Gentlemen,
Here in Oz I have the warmth, humidity and strong sunlight so I will be outwardly disaffected if being inwardly disinfected fails to produce a cure!
Good health, Colin

Does it piss you off just a little bit that New Zealand is doing even better than you?

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #771 on: April 24, 2020, 04:33:47 PM »
Bethpage opens Monday.  Reservation only, walking only, 18 minute times on Black.

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #772 on: April 24, 2020, 04:54:38 PM »
As golfers let's not lose sight of the good news that direct sunlight is a good thing. We often have a choice between shade and sun during our respective down time. I had always chosen shade. Sun is the better choice.

Maybe for COVID-19, but not for skin cancer.  Exposure to UV radiation is the main factor that causes skin cells to become cancer cells.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Even something so simple as which cart to choose or where you lay your bag may be important. Far more important than putting up signs warning golfers to not drink out of the club washing bucket.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #773 on: April 24, 2020, 04:57:23 PM »
JK,

It was bizarre but back on the 28th. March I was endeavouring to leave New Zealand (having been on holiday there) to return to Oz which as you suggest was a more dangerous arena! Lockdown in N.Z. for four weeks seemed a worse option than two weeks self-isolation at home in two acres of bushland!

Cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #774 on: April 24, 2020, 05:15:10 PM »

Is there an emoji or smiley face for sarcasm about sarcasm?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back