News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Grande Dunes ( Price,Schreiner, 2005) in Myrtle Beach, SC
« on: January 29, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »

This Myrtle Beach golf course has been private since 2005, but is opening to public play Read more here: https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/golf/article239331243.html#storylink=cpy

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Edward Glidewell

Re: Grande Dunes ( Price,Schreiner, 2005) in Myrtle Beach, SC
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 09:03:54 PM »
I've played it several times.

It's a fine place for a round of golf but I wouldn't rank it in the top 10 among courses along the Grand Strand/across the border in NC from a course architecture perspective.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:16:18 PM by Edward Glidewell »

Stewart Abramson

Re: Grande Dunes ( Price,Schreiner, 2005) in Myrtle Beach, SC
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 05:08:10 PM »
 The article says "The Members Club at Grande Dunes has been private since it opened in 2005.[/size]That will change in April, when the club becomes semi-private and begins accepting outside play through golf package providers."[/color]That's not really accurate. The club operated under more or less the same "semi-private" model in 2009-2010 where visitors could book tee times through a short list of packagers. I played it a couple of times during that period. It was one of the few Myrtle Beach area courses that didn't overseed and had very good dormant turf to play on. For many in my group it was their first experience on the dormant stuff and most, but not all liked it and the course.[/color][/font][/size][/color]https://www.flickr.com/photos/golfcoursepix/albums/72157632014006758/with/8187207256/[/size]

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back