News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

That may be the only relief afforded on this wonderful course.
AKA Mayday

David_Tepper

Re: Royal Melbourne bunkers are so firm and smooth that they’re easy.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 11:45:10 PM »
Mike -

The best golfers in the world can make any aspect of the best courses in the world look easy.

DT
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 11:46:54 PM by David_Tepper »

Matthew Essig

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 11:55:30 PM »
Mike -

The best golfers in the world can make any aspect of the best courses in the world look easy.

DT

Yet how many bunker shots were left in the bunkers this week by professionals? More than I can count on my two hands!
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

mike_beene

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 01:20:14 AM »
Easy is not a way I ever describe golf. I haven't seen more than one shot from a bunker holed all week. With the firm greens, there must be a half shot penalty this week which seems similar to most weeks. This is a good group of bunker players when compared to the tour in general

Mike_Clayton

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 06:33:31 AM »
They are easy to play from - but the shots are really hard.

Jim_Coleman

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 11:10:30 AM »
   I haven’t noticed a lot of footprints and ruts in regular tour bunkers.  Those rakes with teeth are brutal.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 03:23:44 PM »
I agree with Mike here.  I think the reason we saw so many left in this week was due to them jamming nearly every pin up tight to a cluster of them.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but given the sand was packed on the faces, they had no downhill or awkward stance lies (in the bunker) and very few fried eggs.

P.S.  Every single green had at least one bunker next to it, with most having several.  The course looks super diverse from hole to hole but would it have been better served with a bit of restraint in bunker usage?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 03:30:41 PM by Kalen Braley »

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »
I agree with Mike here.  I think the reason we saw so many left in this week was due to them jamming nearly every pin up tight to a cluster of them.
I mentioned this in the other thread, but given the sand was packed on the faces, they had no downhill or awkward stance lies (in the bunker) and very few fried eggs.
P.S.  Every single green had at least one bunker next to it, with most having several.  The course looks super diverse from hole to hole but would it have been better served with a bit of restraint in bunker usage?

I may be wrong (not a first) but I think bunkers are cheaper than grass to maintain in the sandbelt.

Carl Rogers

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 05:25:51 PM »

I may be wrong (not a first) but I think bunkers are cheaper than grass to maintain in the sandbelt.
Really?
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back