News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Treitler

Palm Springs - Indian Wells CC Vs Indian Wells Resort
« on: October 27, 2021, 04:25:15 PM »
Heading to Palm Springs this weekend and most of the courses are closed for overseeding.

I'm playing Desert Willow Cliffs on Saturday and then looking at one round on Sunday.

I am a ClubCorp member so I have access to the Indian Wells CC - The Cove course is available.

I can also play the Indian Wells Player Resort course.   

Has anybody played both and have an opinion on which is better?

Thanks all!

Mark Kiely

Re: Palm Springs - Indian Wells CC Vs Indian Wells Resort
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 04:49:03 PM »
I squeezed in the front nine of Cove after playing Classic before running out of sunlight at IWCC. I've only played IWGR Players once and it wasn't that memorable to me. (I had played its previous incarnation several times when it was IWGR East by Ted Robinson, and Players seemed to follow much of the same routing.) IMO, both Cove and Players are the "lesser" of the two courses at each facility, but I know your options are limited by overseeding. I believe some of the back nine on Cove plays right up against the mountains, which should be cool.

None of what I wrote is very helpful, I know. Personally I'd recommend Cove, but go in with tempered expectations.
My golf course photo albums on Flickr: https://goo.gl/dWPF9z

Daryl David

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 05:21:08 PM »
Flip a coin. It’s a tossup between the two. Cove might get an edge with faster play. It can be brutally slow at the resort. Neither will be great as it’s pretty early in the overseed process.

Mike Treitler

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 05:44:54 PM »
Thanks gents, very helpful.   Considering I play Cove for $25 cart fee and the pace of play is likely to be better I think I have my answer!

Happy to hear anybody else that wants to chime in as well though.

John Crowley

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 06:01:55 PM »
Heading to Palm Springs this weekend and most of the courses are closed for overseeding.

I'm playing Desert Willow Cliffs on Saturday and then looking at one round on Sunday.

I am a ClubCorp member so I have access to the Indian Wells CC - The Cove course is available.

I can also play the Indian Wells Player Resort course.   

Has anybody played both and have an opinion on which is better?

Thanks all!

Mike,
Firecliff is worth a play.
Forget the IW Resort courses.
Cove is much more fun and quicker.
If it were me, I would play the Cove twice.
Play early enough to not run out of light. The mountain near the Cove makes for an earlier sunset.
Enjoy!

Pete Lavallee

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 10:31:41 AM »
Played the IWR Players Saturday. We teed off at 1:30 and were the last group to finish 18 at 6:00; so a 4.5 hour pace of play at that time of day was pretty good. I liked the course and though the bunkering was well done. The Vue restaurant is a nice addition to the facility.
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back