News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Plum Hollow near Detroit
« on: October 19, 2019, 01:51:47 PM »

I believe this club was interviewing a few architects regarding restoring some Alison features.

Any update or forward progress?

Mike Schott

Re: Plum Hollow near Detroit
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
I’d be surprised if they had the resources to make improvements. They were really struggling for members just 2-3 years ago and offering cut rate memberships. I played it back then with some local GCA members. There are significant drainage issues on a few of the lowest elevation holes and they didn’t have the budget to fix those.

Hopefully I am wrong, the membership drive was successful and they have passed an assessment to do this work. There’s good potential and the property has some nice features.

Anthony Gholz

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 12:52:07 PM »
Mark:

You may want to go to Drew Rogers website.  he's currently working on a new master plan for renovating the club's Alison 1921 course.  There are no Alison drawings or photos from the 1920s found to date so he'll need to be thinking "in the spirit of"  [size=78%]I hope he covers the process on his website.[/size]

Plum is one of the great unfinished golden age sites.  Reid after Alison and many others since, but the routing and green sites with minor exceptions remains the same.

Anthony

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 09:16:39 AM »
Plum Hollow is a really good course with serious potential. Hopefully the club gives Drew the freedom and resources to do something significant.
jeffmingay.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back