News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

hydrojet aerator
« on: September 30, 2019, 04:08:01 PM »
One of my old clubs bought one and used it for a few years and then went back to core aeration. They will use the hydrojet periodically but not as often as they thought they would. I know some clubs have abandoned them altogether.
Any supers have experience with them?
Do they help with compaction?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Brett Morris

Re: hydrojet aerator
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 05:35:12 PM »
Tommy,

Core aeration and using a Hydroject are two different methods.  Core aeration is for physical removal of organic matter and incorporation of fresh sand into the core holes to assist with percolation, root health, thatch, compaction and the like.  Units like the Hydroject only create small channels into the profile for increased oxygen and gas exchange.  They do provide benefits to roots as well but don't assist in physical removal of organic matter.  Hydrojects were ahead of their time and are hard to find today.  Newer units like Air2G2 utilise similar principles to the Hydroject but shoot compressed air into the profile rather than water.

John Emerson

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 08:13:43 PM »
I feel like their best use is for tightening up short grass around the green that may have become soft from thatch...ie:approaches/collars. 
“There’s links golf, then everything else.”

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 05:59:21 AM »
One of my old clubs bought one and used it for a few years and then went back to core aeration. They will use the hydrojet periodically but not as often as they thought they would. I know some clubs have abandoned them altogether.
Any supers have experience with them?
Do they help with compaction?

We have 3 of them here. Much different than an aerifyer where you're needle tine venting or actually pulling a core. Certainly NOT a replacement for removing material. The Hydroject goes down deeper than a normal venting tine, about 5". but is relatively slow comparing to a Toro Procore 648.
It has no impact on ball roll, but it does not do anything other than help water to penetrate the surface & aid is compaction.
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back