News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

I couldn’t decide whether the new greens which I assume are Fazio’s make it a modern course rather than a classic. The course rolled magnificently across the ground with a great routing and many great looks and shots.

I need to play it again and would love to learn more of what is Gordons and what is Fazio.
AKA Mayday

Steve_ Shaffer

Re: Saucon Weyhill. Stunning course. I would love to know the Fazio work
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 11:23:35 PM »
Always a treat to play any of the 3 courses at Saucon Valley. I played Weyhill  after the work was done. It's a terrific course.

Here's an article that will help  answer some questions:

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/sports/2011/05/weyhill_course_at_saucon_valle.html
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 01:11:51 AM »
Can a 1967 course ever be considered a “classic”?
Cave Nil Vino

mike_malone

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 07:35:22 AM »
That’s where I was wrong. I heard Gordon.
AKA Mayday

MCirba

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »
Mike,

My understanding is the Fazio work cleared trees, redid all the bunkers and repositioned some, and extended and overall reduced slope in the Gordon greens to create more hole locations.  The routing remained the same.

Tee to green it's my favorite course at SVCC, but some of those Strong and Maxwell greens on the Old course are really good.  The Grace...meh.
"Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent" - Calvin Coolidge

https://cobbscreek.org/

mike_malone

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 09:12:52 PM »
Mike,

My understanding is the Fazio work cleared trees, redid all the bunkers and repositioned some, and extended and overall reduced slope in the Gordon greens to create more hole locations.  The routing remained the same.

Tee to green it's my favorite course at SVCC, but some of those Strong and Maxwell greens on the Old course are really good.  The Grace...meh.

Mike,

My experience with Gordons  greens is undulations. I thought these were a little engineered but not not wild. When I returned to my Flynn this weekend I wondered what his work would look like on those greens.
AKA Mayday

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back