News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

V_Halyard

Note: Mashie Thread has been updated as of Feb 28, 2020
Movement off of the waitlist onto the main list.

38   Jason Thompson for Jay Mickle
39   Steve Lang for Jeff Schley
40   Sheila Lang for Mike Treitler

Jason and the Langs please check your GCA PM

Thanks
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Pete_Pittock

any movement?

V_Halyard

any movement?

Thanks Pete and yes there has been movement.
Still on as far as we know and hope.

Have updated Post #1 of the 2020 Mashie thread here:

https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67607.0.html

- Vaughn
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:29:31 PM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

Carl Rogers

Bump ..... Status Report ...... If possible, please.  I did request a single room.
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

Tyler Kearns

Still plan to be there, provided they open the border before then.

Tyler

PCCraig

Still in, I guess?

September seems like a long way away but at the same time not that long at all. Hope things improve and hope we can all once again gather in one place.

H.P.S.

Pete_Pittock

Still plan to be there, provided they open the border before then.
Tyler
Better chance of a Canadian crossing into US than vice versa. 
Brighter light for me is carts, as well as caddies, are allowed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 01:33:16 PM by Pete_Pittock »

George Freeman

As of now, everything is still a go!  We will continue to periodically update the list with additions and subtractions as well as monitor the overall status of the event in relation to COVID.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Ryan Taylor

Can you please add me to the wait list? Realize in advance it's a long shot!

Ryan Taylor
"Bandon is like Chamonix for skiers or the North Shore of Oahu for surfers,” Rogers said. “It is where those who really care end up."

Mark Mammel

Well as hope springs eternal and I didn't see the initial thread please add my name to the long list of hopefuls. It looks fantastic.
So much golf to play, so little time....

Mark

V_Halyard

Official sign up thread. - here
https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67607.0.html
Updated 19 May 2020 PM

Will Send rooming updates directly via Email

Minimal Wait List Movement
Things seem to be brightening.Seems you still need a note to enter or leave Michigan but the rumor is that will lift soon.
We are still preparing for this event in September. The list has evolved as they are wont to do and we expect more.

Everybody that moved onto the list has been contacted for deposit info via Email.
We look forward to seeing you all somewhere, be it at the Mashie, BUDA, and anywhere else we can put balls in the air.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 06:30:24 PM by V_Halyard »

PCCraig

Tom Doak,

Will you write me a note that the officials at the Michigan border will accept to get me into the State for the Mashie?  ;D ;)
H.P.S.

V_Halyard

Tom Doak,

Will you write me a note that the officials at the Michigan border will accept to get me into the State for the Mashie?  ;D ;)

Doak is under surveillance.
We’ll need to smuggle you in via skiff, likely  from the tip Door County.. darkness... bring Dramamine. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:51:14 AM by V_Halyard »

Pete_Pittock

will see how the area drains. Three or more small dams broke a bit to the south and Currie course in Midland is flooded.

V_Halyard

will see how the area drains. Three or more small dams broke a bit to the south and Currie course in Midland is flooded.
Thx. Will check in and post any pertinent updates. Hope all in Mich are safe.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:02:52 AM by V_Halyard »

V_Halyard

Updated 20 June 2020
2020 Midwest Mashie OFFICIAL Sign Up Thread : The Loop | Updated 19 MAY 2020

This is still on the calendar.  No Jokes today.No secret that golf and travel remain in flux.
We will accommodate changes if feasible.

See Top of Thread Here:https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67607.msg1616139.html#msg1616139
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 03:08:02 PM by V_Halyard »

Criss Titschinger

Any ideas when the 3 rounds will be played? I want to play the original course while I'm up there. I assume we're playing Loop and Par 3 Saturday, then Loop Sunday; therefore, that'd have to be a pre/post event round.

Obviously, anything could change. Work would make me quarantine if I visited Michigan right now based on their criteria. Of course, I'm working remotely 100% at the moment, so not sure that would mean anything. Actually as of today, Ohio is in that criteria as well.

Keeping positive thoughts.

V_Halyard

Any ideas when the 3 rounds will be played? I want to play the original course while I'm up there. I assume we're playing Loop and Par 3 Saturday, then Loop Sunday; therefore, that'd have to be a pre/post event round.

Obviously, anything could change. Work would make me quarantine if I visited Michigan right now based on their criteria. Of course, I'm working remotely 100% at the moment, so not sure that would mean anything. Actually as of today, Ohio is in that criteria as well.

Thanks Criss and I'll check with GF and get back with you.

George Freeman

Criss -

Current plan is Loop Saturday AM, Par-3 Sat PM, Loop Sunday AM.

While I hate to say it, the event is firmly up in the air at this point.  I have a call with Forest Dunes on Friday to discuss their current policies, State of MI policies, etc.  While I doubt many people see much of an issue with the golf itself, the tricky thing will be to have +40 individuals sitting inside a conference room for 1-2 hours (for the presentation/Q&A with Renaissance), eating together at large tables, socializing indoors, etc.  I suppose we could nix all of that, but that’s the stuff that makes this event so fun and rewarding.  Would it be worth doing the event without all that?  I am unsure..

The one thing I am certain about is that we can’t be certain about how this will play out.  Once I have a little more information, I’ll talk it over with Vaughn and the rest of the Mashie Board of Trustees (😊) and we’ll try to come to a thumbs up/thumbs down answer as soon as we reasonably can.  In the event the Mashie is cancelled, I don’t foresee any issue getting a full refund from the resort (for the deposits).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:30:41 PM by George Freeman »
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

John McCarthy

There are a few things we know about this disease at this point.  The most certain things we know what a that it is a respiratory disease most easily spread in indoor, concentrated places.  And every gca event I have attended has featured at least one, boozy dinner with lots of talk, and loud at times. 

This is a perfect event to spread this disease.  Add the geographic diversity, it can be really bad. 

So, can we have our long boozy dinners outside?  September is generally dry. 

The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

V_Halyard

There are a few things we know about this disease at this point.  The most certain things we know what a that it is a respiratory disease most easily spread in indoor, concentrated places.  And every gca event I have attended has featured at least one, boozy dinner with lots of talk, and loud at times. 

This is a perfect event to spread this disease.  Add the geographic diversity, it can be really bad. 

So, can we have our long boozy dinners outside?  September is generally dry.
Noted and logical suggestion for out door gathering.
George is in touch with the venue as there are a number of issues to be addressed as you might imagine.

Criss Titschinger

Great points made George and John.

You're right. None of us know how this thing is going to play out. And any Mashie this year is most likely going to be different than others, especially as far as the social activities go. I'm a golf sicko, so I would be there just to play. I would completely understand if others shied away for any reason, really.

As one who already had one Michigan golf trip canceled this year, I'm just naively hoping this one goes on as scheduled.

And as noted, I'll be looking to play a round at OG Forest Dunes. Looks like that Friday is the time to do it.

Bill Gayne

I just got back from Forest Dunes and those of you that haven't been are in for a treat. The Loop is taking what is complex and making it look really simple. The Short Course wasn't open but looks fun and ready to go in the next couple of weeks. Facilities are perfect for a GCA event.

BRING BUGSPRAY!

Carl Rogers

Re: CANCELLED: 2020 Midwest Mashie @The Loop | 07 July 2020
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2020, 11:47:57 PM »
Do I assume that we have sign up all over again?  Thus the need to patrol GCA?
I decline to accept the end of man. ... William Faulkner

V_Halyard

Re: CANCELLED: 2020 Midwest Mashie @The Loop | 07 July 2020
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2020, 11:50:29 PM »
See Top of Thread
CANCELLED: 2020 Midwest Mashie @The Loop
Updated 7 July 2020
No Jokes today.

Hello all,

I will be brief. This is an announcement we all knew was a potentiality.
It is with great disappointment that we must inform the group of the cancellation of the 2020 Mashie at Forest Dunes.
We have been in constant conversation with Forest Dunes and based on the close configuration of the accommodations and event venue, holding a COVID safe large event there during this pandemic proved difficult to accomplish responsibly.

Note, all deposits will be refunded in full.
Our hope is to hold a Mashie at Forest Dunes in the near future, perhaps roll it to 2021.
It is too soon to commence that planning but we still look forward to cajoling on The Loop with the Renaissance Crew during a future Mashie.

Additionally, we may look to hold a smaller COVID safe, regional Single-Day 2020 Midwest-Mini-Mashie if possible, pending COVID developments.

Stay tuned for updated info regarding refunds. George has a record of all deposits and we will reconcile those presently.
Stay safe.
Enjoy COVID safe golf. Wear a mask where required and/or as much as possible.
Thanks for your support and interest in the event.
The Mashie remains safely protected by the Children of the Corn.

With Regrets,

Your Mashie Committee

Vaughn H
George F
Tom D
Pat C
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:53:50 PM by V_Halyard »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back