News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan Moore

Re: 2020 Midwest Mashie Official Sign Up Thread : The Loop in Michigan
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
Please add me to the list.

Dan
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Ross Harmon

« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
Has everyone even sobered up from this year’s Mashie?!?

Looks like another good one! Please add me to the waitlist. Thanks!

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2019, 10:42:17 PM »
I’ll more than likely plan for a 36 hole day at Arcadia either before or after the Mashie.  The South course intrigues me.

V_Halyard

« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2019, 10:37:03 AM »
two duplicates
John Emerson  16, 40
Steve Lang       44(or 45) and tailgunner
Updated Today Thanks!
Click to top: https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67607.0.html

« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 10:53:47 AM by V_Halyard »
"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

V_Halyard

"It's a tiny little ball that doesn't even move... how hard could it be?"  I will walk and carry 'til I can't... or look (really) stupid.

John McCarthy

Re: 2020 Midwest Mashie OFFICIAL Sign Up Thread : The Loop in Michigan
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2019, 08:02:04 PM »
So, I got an email that I won the ticket lottery for the Ryder Cup the weekend after the Mashie. 

Do I do the double header? 

Will my wife speak to me again? 

The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Doug Wright

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2019, 04:22:57 PM »
Hi Vaughn,

I just learned that the daughter of one of my best friends is getting married on the 2020 Mashie Weekend, so unfortunately I am now OUT. Sorry, but happy news for one of your wait-listers...
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Greg Clark

« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2019, 05:01:36 PM »
Add me to the wait list please.  I'll cross my fingers.

V_Halyard

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2019, 06:34:28 PM »
So, I got an email that I won the ticket lottery for the Ryder Cup the weekend after the Mashie. 

Doak will write you a note... #Ferry Service  Lol
https://www.ssbadger.com/destinations/ludington-port.html

To Quote The Site
"Big Ship More Fun and you can take your car." (and Your Wife)
She'll be impressed by all the time you saved crossing directly from Michigan to Wisconsin.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:04:05 PM by V_Halyard »

V_Halyard

« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2019, 06:36:27 PM »
Hi Vaughn,

I just learned that the daughter of one of my best friends is getting married on the 2020 Mashie Weekend, so unfortunately I am now OUT. Sorry, but happy news for one of your wait-listers...

Doug,
Sorry but do enjoy the nuptials.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 06:54:19 PM by V_Halyard »

JReese

« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2019, 07:14:32 PM »

Proceed with caution.  I was informed that I will not be attending the Ryder Cup in no uncertain terms.
"Bunkers are not places of pleasure; they are for punishment and repentance." - Old Tom Morris

Dan Kelly

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2019, 06:43:46 PM »
Pointless, I'm sure, but would take spot No. 64 on the waiting list.
"There's no money in doing less." -- Joe Hancock, 11/25/2010
"Rankings are silly and subjective..." -- Tom Doak, 3/12/2016

John McCarthy

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2019, 07:40:13 PM »

Proceed with caution.  I was informed that I will not be attending the Ryder Cup in no uncertain terms.

After being placed in the electronic waiting room by the PGA of America for 115 minutes, I was informed, in no uncertain terms, that I was not attending the Ryder Cup in any form. 

It is a shame but on the upside the Mashie and Walker Cup double header is definitely in play. 
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Brad Payne

« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2019, 09:36:59 AM »
Count me in!
Founder and CEO, Walker Trolleys
We are creating the most beautiful, high-end golf push cart for the player, purist, aficionado that appreciates style, form and functionality and chooses to walk the game.
https://www.walkertrolleys.com

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2019, 08:08:34 PM »

After being placed in the electronic waiting room by the PGA of America for 115 minutes, I was informed, in no uncertain terms, that I was not attending the Ryder Cup in any form. 
It is a shame but on the upside the Mashie and Walker Cup double header is definitely in play.

keep your hopes up?
https://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2019/10/17/something-went-terribly-wrong-with-the-ryder-cup-ticket-sale-and-the-pga-of-america-has-no-explanation

Nick Prafke

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2019, 11:29:42 AM »
Please add me to the waitlist.

Ben Smith

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2019, 12:20:23 PM »
Please add me to the waiting list - thanks!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2019, 12:33:23 AM »

Still in, at least until I check financial status after getting back from Australia.  Not looking for wait list movement last year. There were two rounds at Prairie Dunes, but only one MWM counter. I heard players gave up one of their rounds so more wait-listers could attend.

btw, aeration of greens is scheduled about the beginning of October.

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2019, 10:26:27 AM »
I'd like to be put on the waiting list, but that's right at the start of my college team's season, so it may or may not work out.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

V_Halyard

« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2019, 07:00:08 PM »

Still in, at least until I check financial status after getting back from Australia.  Not looking for wait list movement last year. There were two rounds at Prairie Dunes, but only one MWM counter. I heard players gave up one of their rounds so more wait-listers could attend.

Actually, that is not correct.
At PD we had TWO Official Mashie rounds. A Sat AM Fourball and a Sunday AM Singles.
Ryan had arranged for a limited number of additional Rounds to be available 1st come on Saturday afternoon. Ultimately, anybody that wanted to do 36 that day was able to be accommodated as not all of the Mashie attendees did two laps.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #70 on: November 26, 2019, 07:53:08 PM »

At PD we had TWO Official Mashie rounds. A Sat AM Fourball and a Sunday AM Singles.
Ryan had arranged for a limited number of additional Rounds to be available 1st come on Saturday afternoon. Ultimately, anybody that wanted to do 36 that day was able to be accommodated as not all of the Mashie attendees did two laps.

I wasn't there, so I am wrong, but I don't think totally off base. I distinctly remember that there was a nudge to accommodate people on the wait list. Was there two rounds one day at PD, with only one counting as a MWM round, and some attendees played a single round that day, allowing others to enjoy Prairie Dunes. Guess I'll have to check last years thread.

Aha :https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,66517.25.html, bottom of page 2, and my 'donation' on page 3
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:00:58 PM by Pete_Pittock »

V_Halyard

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2019, 05:14:05 PM »

I wasn't there, so I am wrong, but I don't think totally off base. I distinctly remember that there was a nudge to accommodate people on the wait list. Was there two rounds one day at PD, with only one counting as a MWM round, and some attendees played a single round that day, allowing others to enjoy Prairie Dunes. Guess I'll have to check last years thread.

Aha :https://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,66517.25.html, bottom of page 2, and my 'donation' on page 3
That's more accurate. Also , there were attempts to informally accommodate early arrivals.  Just working to try to pull more people in.  That will be the objective here as well but with less flexibility at a resort vs a private.

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2020, 09:32:12 AM »
I made tee times for a foursome at Arcadia Bluffs for Sept. 10 @ 8:40 and the South Course for 3:00.  Just me so far, let me know if you’d like to join.  My plan is to play the Weiskopf @ FD on Fri morning....

Dan

V_Halyard

Mashie Details, costs and Waitlist have all been updated. See Top of this Thread.

Ryan Hillenbrand

Thanks George and Vaughn!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back