News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ally Mcintosh

Re: BUDA 2019 - deposits being taken to secure places
« Reply #275 on: September 14, 2019, 05:37:57 AM »
Ally

I don't know the stars, but Mizen Head is the best hotel I know in Bamburgh, though its really a restaurant with rooms, but a much more upscale version of this compared to the Lord Crewe.

Victoria is slightly better than Sunningdale, but not enough to ignore whichever is cheaper on the day.

There is also Links Hotel in Seahouses, never stayed there though. Seahouses is much less quaint compared to Bamburgh, but it has more dining options.

Make sure to book early because prices go up dramatically in the area anytime near summer.

Ciao

Thanks Sean.

The Mizen Head sounds like the one. I’m looking ahead to 2021 here so I’ll be sure to be early.

Ally

Mark Pearce

« Reply #276 on: September 14, 2019, 10:51:37 AM »
FWIW four of us stayed in an excellent AirBnB, with impressivley large and well furnished kitchen/dining room and sitting room in Seahouses for less than £40 ppph, I'm increasingly using AirBnB for golf trips.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Niall C

« Reply #277 on: September 14, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »
Interesting. The more I use AirBnB the more I begin to appreciate hotels. I'm also not sure they are that much cheaper if at all cheaper most of the time, unless you can get a good number of you together.

Niall

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #278 on: September 14, 2019, 12:10:05 PM »
Ally,

I stayed at the Mizen Head for the 3 nights of the BUDA.  It was a superior room (Room #3). It was large by European standards and relatively modern with a king bed.  They were accommodating of my relatively late arrival and early breakfast requirements.  The breakfast was good.  There is off street parking in front of the hotel.  The restaurant seemed to be busy for dinner, although I didn't eat there.  I'd recommend it.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #279 on: September 14, 2019, 12:39:51 PM »
Interesting. The more I use AirBnB the more I begin to appreciate hotels. I'm also not sure they are that much cheaper if at all cheaper most of the time, unless you can get a good number of you together.

Niall
Agree, Niall. We rented a nice 3-bedroom flat in Gullane for four nights. With three sharing it was reasonable considering each of us wanted our own private bedroom. But, it was nice having a hot breakfast cooked for me each morning along with fresh towels each day in our Bamburgh hotel. AirBNB adds extra charges to a rental that runs up the price. I prefer VRBO.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Sean_A

« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2019, 05:19:56 AM »
The Buda Cup never made an appearance!  Where is Buda? 

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024: Fraserburgh, Ashridge, Kennemer, de Pan, Eindhoven, Hilversumche, Royal Ostend, Alnmouth & Cruden Bay St Olaf

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
I believe James Boon has it and forgot to bring it to the event.

James Boon

« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2019, 11:01:16 AM »

I was going to reply saying that I understand the Buda Cup is safe and well, but some idiot forgot to bring it to the event, but Jerry beat me to it. If I can get my head around posting pictures, I'll post one of the cup show its safe and well, plus I've got some pictures to add to the picture thread as well...  ::)

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Jason Topp

« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2019, 12:19:02 PM »

I was going to reply saying that I understand the Buda Cup is safe and well, but some idiot forgot to bring it to the event, but Jerry beat me to it. If I can get my head around posting pictures, I'll post one of the cup show its safe and well, plus I've got some pictures to add to the picture thread as well...  ::)

Cheers,

James

Make sure to have a newspaper in the picture to prove the date.

Thanks,

JT

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #284 on: September 17, 2019, 01:59:20 PM »

Cheers,

James

I fervently believe it should now be renamed the Boona Cup.
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »
Obviously Boony knew the team would retain the cup, and he didn't want it to disappear to perhaps the wilds of Canada, but to remain in civilized (??? have you seen their parliament in action ???) UK.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Mike Hendren

« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2019, 05:58:07 PM »
Word I get is Boony has pulled a permit to add a trophy room onto his house.  Anyone seen the The King’s Putter lately?  Claret Jug?
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back