News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

Interior Contours
« on: August 13, 2019, 07:40:15 PM »
I have seen greens that were not well connected to the course. Number 8 at Kingsbarns comes to mind. But I never have seen a green with serious/extreme contours that should be rejected as sound just because of its contours. Number 14 at Nairn comes to mind as do Numbers 13 and 16 at Woking.

Am I resting upon a distinction without a difference? Or are there heavily contoured greens that just don't make sense regardless of the rest of the course?

Ira
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:03:27 PM by Ira Fishman »

corey miller

Re: Interior Contours
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 10:59:43 AM »

I sometimes fail to see the utility of heavily contoured greens that are blind such as those that are hit to hollows or are significantly uphill.  Basically, I prefer the golfer have a view (it can also be an opportunity earlier in the round to see the hole location) of a shot into a heavily contoured green.

That said, shots into punchbowls, or large tiered greens, or uphill where the basic land movement clearly directs/funnels the ball to certain locations are fine but just random free from wild greens that are blind are not particularly appealing.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back