News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tony_Muldoon

Golf Pre and Post Buda 2019
« on: June 24, 2019, 10:33:11 AM »
Pre and Post BUDA Golf _ please make comments about BUDA on the main thread and keep this one for the extra's.
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,66463.200.html 

There have been emails flying around and this is an attempt to include as many GCA’ers as possible in these games. Personally, I think priority should be for those traveling distances, to Buda (although all GCA members welcome).  But it will sort itself out as it always does.

I don’t know of any deposits that will need to be taken in advance but I in order to allow everyone to plan ahead, please make definite choices when you put your name forward. I.e. don’t put a hold on places and don’t dick the hosts about!

To recap BUDA Match is
Friday 6 September - AM tee times start at 8.42, PM times at 1.38. Goswick
 Saturday 7 September - AM times from 9am, PM times from 2.30 Dunstanbrugh Castle.

Sunday 8 September - tee times start at 10.02. Goswick

There’s a bunch of fabulous courses within an hour or so North and South.

One of the most popular courses to see will be North Berwick West Links ((47mi, 1ht 9min), we have 3 GCA members hosting on Thursday 5th(NB one group is already booked to play 36 here that day and they should be very clear if they mention this, that they don’t need those times as they have their own.)
6 places available, playing as members guests at 2.30pm & 2.39pm
A further 3 places at 4pm (may be able to move this to 3.42.
Cost no more than £10 each tbc.
Please put your name and preferred time forward on this thread. (Distances by road in miles and times to drive with no ‘rush hour’ traffic or roadworks i.e. best times)
Other favourite courses local to this include Muirfield, Kilspindie (51 miles/1hr 8mins), Luffness New, Gullane x3 (53mi/1hr 9min) and Dunbar (36miles/52 mins).

Mark Pearce is looking to organise a day/round on Wednesday 4th
Brancepeth/Northumberland or Brancepeth/Tyneside.
Brancepeth Castle (81 miles 1hr 46min) is a Colt with some very good stuff and some mundane stuff. 
Northumberland (is the best Newcastle course and is mostly Colt but isn’t top, top Colt.  (55mi/1hr8min)
Tyneside, another likeable Colt, with recent Frank Pont renovations.  Willie Park Jr was pro there for some time. (65mi. 1hr 20m)
Time to put your hands up and let Mark know.

In in addition to NBWL I aim to play Sunday evening and Monday morning, in Northumberland i.e. South of Goswick.
Courses I’m interested in, include the above 3 +
Brancepeth profiled here
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,31465.msg614462.html#msg614462

Alnmouth Village a 9 holer profiled here. (31 miles, 46 minutes). Game arranged for Monday moring. See below

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,65709.msg1599230/topicseen.html#msg1599230

Bamburgh Castle. Allegedly a bit dumb but a really striking blonde! (16 miles/ 27 minutes) GAme arranged for Sunday evening - see below

Glose House GC has 2 courses, the more interesting one designed by our own Scott McPherson as an homage to Colt. (67 miles south 1hr 20 min)

South Shields was once a Mackenzie but how much is left of his work is left is open to question (67miles, 1hr 28min)

Seaton Carew a Mackenzie a bit further south. ((93 miles 1hr 52mins)

It looks like we have some interest in playing Bamburgh Castle Sunday after Buda.  It’s a little tight on time as we’d have to leave the BUDA group at 3.30 and official Sunset is at 19.26 – but there is twilight and it would be a fantastic end to the trip.
 Alnmouth Village, Monday Morning, anyone?  but I’m open to group suggestions.
  Please let me know if anyone interested?

NB there may also be a game at Alnmouth Village Wednesday evening as folk travel North: if anyone is interested in that, speak up.

I’ve tried to keep this concise, but there’s a whole bunch of options so please be very clear about which courses and days you are interested in.

Also if anyone knows of other GCA profiles or discussions on these courses then please put the links up.

Look forward to seeing you all in September. This is a very beautiful part of the world and I think many will be most pleasantly surprised.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 11:11:35 AM by Tony_Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Tony_Muldoon

Re: Golf Pre and Post Buda 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 10:37:08 AM »
I will try and keep this post updated once games are confirmed.  Please let me know if I miss anything or get it wrong.

So far confirmed

Monday 2nd Early PM
2 places available with a member at Kilspindie. Contact Mayday below.Wednesday 4thGullane 2 at 8am See Mike Malone's post on page 2.
Join Bryan Izatt and Mayday at Dunbar 1.50pm See post below

Thursday 5th September.
North Berwick West Links 
9.22AM Michael and Paul Graham, Lou and Dave Herrick.

PM

Group times are:- (names are for completeness sake only, they will likely get jumbled on the day)
14.30 Sean Arble, Mark Pearce, Conrad Gamble and Giles Payne
14.39 David MacIntosh, Bryan Izatt, Sean Walsh +1 (TBC)
14.48  Michael Graham, Paul G and Lou Duran +1 (TBC)
15.32 Tony Muldoon, Bob Montle , James Boon and Steve Wilson
(Note I have Jay Mickle as withdrawn).
two places in the afternoon are available.

Note Mayhugh, Topp, Gayne and Malone are playing at 10.27 and 15.15. 
12.51 Dean DiBerardino, Mike Cain, Tom Quarton. Shoot Dean a PM if you’d like to join them. Don’t know if any are members.

If they haven't already paid all their green fees they could save money by joining a member for one of the group games?

See note on page two re Dinner at Herringbone 8,30pm

BUDA Match is
Friday 6 September - AM tee times start at 8.42, PM times at 1.38. Goswick
Saturday 7 September - AM times from 9am, PM times from 2.30 Dunstanbrugh Castle
Sunday 8 September - tee times start at 10.02. Goswick

Sunday 8th 4pm Bamburgh Castle - 4pm twilight rate £25 official sundown 7.30pm but there will be twilight.
Will ask the BUDA Captains if people playing in this match can go off first.  This is booked but theres plenty of space on the tee sheet for more.

Confirmed
Tony Muldoon, John Mayhugh, Jason Topp  and "Mayday" Malone

Monday 9th  8.30am Alnmouth Village GC
Tony Muldoon, Sean Arble, Mayday?
Confirmed.  Honesty Box  £15 for 9, £20 for 18. 

« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:59:38 AM by Tony_Muldoon »

Sean_A

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »
Spangles

The three 2:30 spots are very likely taken.  I am waiting to hear from someone if they are in or not, then the names can be confirmed.

I am tentatively planning to play Alnmouth Village early Wednesday PM and Monday AM.  I might try to play Seahouses back 9 on Sunday or perhaps drive down to Alnmouth Village for a game.  If anybody is interested in these games let me know.

Ciao
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:20:43 AM by Sean_A »
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Michael Graham

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 11:33:22 AM »
Lou and I are playing at NB on the Thursday. My brother Paul will also likely be playing but have at least one spot for another if someone wants a game. Likely to be AM but can’t book a time until the week before.

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 01:47:44 AM »
Tony, et al

I'd be happy to join in at either 2:30 or 2:39 on the 5th at NBWL.

Michael,

I might be interested in your time depending on what time in the morning it is and how it ties in to the afternoon.  If there are more people interested than there are tee times across the day I'd happily concede this time to whomever wants it.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 04:37:15 AM »
Tony, et al

I'd be happy to join in at either 2:30 or 2:39 on the 5th at NBWL.

Michael,

I might be interested in your time depending on what time in the morning it is and how it ties in to the afternoon.  If there are more people interested than there are tee times across the day I'd happily concede this time to whomever wants it.

Bryan great that you are joining us, look forward to catching up.

I've put you down for a PM slot. Micheal won't be able to confirm a tee time until the week before (likely between 8am and 10am).  Further you can only play as a members guest, once in any 30 day period.  If you want to switch to the AM slot please say so, as that will allow others to plan.

Bob Montle

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 11:15:19 AM »
If there is still an opening as a guest, please add my name!

I'll take any time - whichever is least desired by the others.

Many thanks!

Bob
"If you're the swearing type, golf will give you plenty to swear about.  If you're the type to get down on yourself, you'll have ample opportunities to get depressed.  If you like to stop and smell the roses, here's your chance.  Golf never judges; it just brings out who you are."

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 01:46:47 AM »
Tony,

It'll be good to see you again too.  Hopefully you are back in fine playing form.

Thanks for putting me in the pm slot. 

I'll pass on Michael's morning slot.  If he still has a spot open when he's able to reserve the time and if I think I can get through 36 holes that day, I'd be glad to join in and pay the rack rate.  If someone else wants the morning slot that'd be fine.

Michael Graham

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 04:00:43 AM »
If there is still an opening as a guest, please add my name!

I'll take any time - whichever is least desired by the others.

Many thanks!

Bob

Bob,

The morning slot is yours. I’ll keep you posted once I’ve confirmed the tee time a week in advance. Ideally it will be mid-morning.

mike_malone

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 10:13:38 AM »
 I arrive 9/2 EDI in the morning. I am arranging a game at Kilspindie for the early afternoon through 1000 greens contact.

I can bring more.

My host asks—— how many and when?

Interested?
AKA Mayday

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 04:41:25 AM »
I arrive 9/2 EDI in the morning. I am arranging a game at Kilspindie for the early afternoon through 1000 greens contact.

I can bring more.

Interested?

Thanks Mayday,

PS in Britain we drive on the right and it's 2/9. ;)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 07:44:57 AM »

I can bring more.

Interested?

Thanks Mayday,

Pretty sure we drive on the left?
 ;D
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 10:25:15 AM »

I can bring more.

Interested?

Thanks Mayday,

Pretty sure we drive on the left?
 ;D

Doh!

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »
I'm interested in Brancepeth Castle on the 4th, but can only do afternoon. Also Bamburgh Castle on the 5th in the afternoon.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 03:56:26 PM »
For any of the wooden stick brigade, there’s an interesting (perhaps) Hickory Comp taking place at our very historic old course (500 years!) in Perth the Wednesday after BUDA.
I might be able to get a deal if anyone’s interested.

https://www.northinchgolf.co.uk/hickory

Let me know by PM.
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

mike_malone

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 10:47:35 AM »
 I spoke to my host at Kilspindie and he suggested that availability on Monday the 2 nd in the afternoon will be easy. The benefit of planning is being able to get other members to host if we get more than three.

I would like to get a list of interested players by the week before.

Md1950malone@gmail.com
AKA Mayday

Sean_A

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 06:12:53 PM »
Spangles

The three 2:30 spots are very likely taken.  I am waiting to hear from someone if they are in or not, then the names can be confirmed.

I am tentatively planning to play Alnmouth Village early Wednesday PM and Monday AM.  I might try to play Seahouses back 9 on Sunday or perhaps drive down to Alnmouth Village for a game.  If anybody is interested in these games let me know.

Ciao

Spangles

I believe the 3 guest spots for the 2:30 time are now taken by Pearce, Giles & Conrad.  They can confirm on this thread.

Ciao

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 06:08:09 AM »
Spangles

Ciao

Spangles

I believe the 3 guest spots for the 2:30 time are now taken by Pearce, Giles & Conrad.  They can confirm on this thread.

Ciao

Noted. See post 2 on the thread, for updated position.

Jason Topp

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 10:23:51 AM »
If Mayhugh is in, I would like to play as well.  I am his driver.

I am looking for a game in the afternoon of August 31 or anytime September 1. 

Mark Pearce

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 02:46:44 PM »
Confirmed, Sean.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Sean Walsh

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 07:12:30 AM »
If I can grab a lift with you Mark I would be happy to do North Berwick on the 5th if there’s room.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:14:15 AM by Sean Walsh »

Sean Walsh

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 07:13:56 AM »
Also I’m flying out of Edinburgh on the 9th. Is anyone able to give me a lift to Edinburgh on Sunday night or Monday morning?

Sean_A

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 07:35:00 AM »
If I can grab a lift with you Mark I would be happy to do North Berwick on the 5th if there’s room.

Sean

Where are you staying Wednesday night?

Ciao

Mark Pearce

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
A lift shouldn't be a problem.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 02:24:10 AM »

Mike Malone and I are booked at 13:51 on Wednesday, September 4 at Dunbar if anyone would like to join us.  The green fees are £60.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back