News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Graham

Re: Golf Pre and Post Buda 2019
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2019, 03:12:33 AM »
Thanks Tony. Dave Herrick has joined our morning group. We still have space for one more at 14:48. Can you put me, Paul and Lou down for dinner at Herringbone.

Mark Pearce

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2019, 04:44:52 AM »
Thanks, Tony.  Giles, Conrad and I are in Seahouses on Thursday night.

For those staying Thursday night in Bamburgh/Seahouses, I suspect we'll have a beer in The Lord Crewe Arms in Bamburgh, if anyone wants to join us.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2019, 05:04:23 AM »
Thanks Tony. Dave Herrick has joined our morning group. We still have space for one more at 14:48. Can you put me, Paul and Lou down for dinner at Herringbone.

Thanks Michael Post 2 updated.

Diner so far. 5

Michael, Paul, Lou, James Boon and me.
Let's make GCA grate again!

John Mayhugh

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2019, 07:46:28 AM »
Tony,Jason Topp, Bill Gayne, Mike Malone, & I are playing 36 at North Berwick on Thursday. Our afternoon time is at 15:15.

Jason & I are spending Thursday night in Bamburgh, but will stick around for dinner in North Berwick before heading south.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:21:04 AM by John Mayhugh »

David McIntosh

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2019, 12:37:34 PM »
Tony,

Thanks for arranging dinner - please add me to the list.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2019, 07:25:53 AM »
Now we are 8

Michael, Paul, Lou, James, David, and Me PLUS the most unfatigable duo since Batman and Robin... Topp and Mayhugh!

one or two others hesitating!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:44:01 AM by Tony_Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2019, 04:12:35 AM »

Tony,

I'd love to join you guys at Herringbone but I need to leave by 8:30 to get to Bamburgh before 10 pm to check in to my hotel.  So, I probably will try to get to the Herringbone by 7:30 and leave by 8:30 so I may see you in passing at the restaurant.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2019, 05:55:19 AM »
I know it’s ridiculously late, but me and Jason are playing St A this afternoon. Anyone else in the area?
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2019, 02:19:02 PM »
I'm slightly earlier to say that I'm playing at Woodhall Spa tomorrow at 2 PM :)

Mark,

the Lord Crewe Arms is in Blanchland - I suppose you mean that or the Lord Crewe (sans Arms) in Bamburgh? Any suggestions for dinner on Thursday night?

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2019, 04:01:44 PM »
I know it’s ridiculously late, but me and Jason are playing St A this afternoon. Anyone else in the area?F.

Topp and Bonnar enjoyed a glorious time in sunny St Andrews today. Jason hadn’t previously played the Eden, so naturally, I felt it incumbent upon me to swiftly remedy that particular situation. After a quick jaunt to the Dunvegan to toast the McBride, we ventured forth over Mr Colt’s fine work.
A jolly time was had by both with much hilarity and bonhomie - at least until we reached the 14th whereupon our spirits were much deflated by the utter gawdawfulness of those miserable excuses for Links golf holes.
Playing them as quickly as we could, we soon crossed the old railway line, again re-entering the Kingdom of Colt and finished the final two holes much re-invigorated.
Been ten years since Jason and I last met (Fife BUDA!) but only five days until we meet again!
Cheers,
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2019, 04:53:24 PM »
It was mentioned a few weeks ago that on Thursday afternoon there could be a game at Bamburgh Castle - is that still on the table? I'd be interested to do that - provided it's sunny and windless of course :)

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2019, 05:24:07 PM »
Tony - Jerry Kluger, Chris Handy and I are playing NBWL with David Warren at 9:15 on Thursday. We will try to meet up with you guys before you go out in the PM. Do you have lunch plans before your round?

As for dinner... we would like to join your group if we can still get to the Victoria Hotel in time that night. We might just have a drink and socialize for a bit, then head out to Bambourgh.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Sean_A

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »
Tony - Jerry Kluger, Chris Handy and I are playing NBWL with David Warren at 9:15 on Thursday. We will try to meet up with you guys before you go out in the PM. Do you have lunch plans before your round?

Whitty

I plan to get to NB by 1ish for a sandwich, but I may be in the "other" house  8)  unless a NB in the group is around.

Spangles

I might stick around for dinner at Herringbone...please add me to the list.

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield & Alnmouth,

Michael Graham

« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2019, 03:23:17 AM »
Mike and Sean,

We'll be in the NB clubhouse after our morning round for lunch before going back out in the afternoon.

Sean Walsh

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2019, 05:55:04 AM »
FBD,

I hope you have garnered another recruit for the cult of Eden (World’s best 15 hole course)

Steve Wilson

« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2019, 06:37:54 AM »
Dear Mr. Muldoon,

I need to know tee time at North Berwick, otherwise I’m apt to embarrass the group by hanging around the first tee whimpering and trying to cadge a spare tee time.  It would be hell to have to to rely on the kindness of strangers.

With regards from the properly attired
Mr. Wilson
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2019, 08:25:57 AM »
Steve,

Check post #2.  No whining required.  There appear to be spots for two other tee times as well.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back