News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Sweeney

Re: GCA tee shirt - Interested in a new release?
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2019, 02:36:03 AM »
I’m a math geek who stumbled bassackwards into one of the world’s worst industries, t shirt printing.

George,

Sorry I caught you on a bad day. I apologize for the directness, but I don't accept your premise that you work in "one of the world’s worst industries". I work pretty closely with an incredibly inspirational t shirt printing business that has hired something like 75 Autistic adults on the Autism Spectrum that work in their plant in Long Island. Now that my son has aged out of school, we are using them as a model for other businesses. By hiring Developmentally Delayed workers, it gives them priority on state contracts which has propelled the business forward. It is run by two Welshmen and they have a great golf outing to support the organization. They even created a documentary to share with other businesses on how to hire DD workers:

https://www.carousel51.com/news-and-updates/2018/5/10/may-31-2018-spectrum-designs-film-event-this-business-of-autism

I am one guy out of 1500+ with some feedback of what I like. On a website that promotes "frank commentary", I agreed with another posters' preferences.

Fairways and greens.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:38:43 AM by Mike Sweeney »
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

George Pazin

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2019, 07:28:14 AM »
Nice link, good for them.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tim Martin

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2019, 07:38:02 AM »
George-I bet you didn’t sign on to this project to be told how the tee shirt printing business works. ::)  I’ll take two any way you want to print them.

Eric Smith

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2019, 07:59:03 AM »
I wanted to blame my GCAgita on a late night porkchop but no.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2019, 08:31:55 AM »
George-I bet you didn’t sign on to this project to be told how the tee shirt printing business works. ::)  I’ll take two any way you want to print them.

Tim is buying one for me.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously, expect a PP from me. Size Medium (a wee lad, this one.)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George Pazin

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2019, 06:01:27 PM »
Ok, thanks for the responses, we're up to maybe 20 or so ordered. I have a bit of a crazy week next week, so I anticipate printing these early the week of 7/21 and sending them out after that. I will be printing extras, in case the need arises. The toughest part of printing is set up, so I'd rather do a few extra than not enough.

For those who've posted on this thread, it's not really enough to just say a size, unless you want me to print the shirt and have it sit here, in Pittsburgh, waiting for you to pick it up and pay. I need an address to mail/ship you the shirt(s). I'm not worried about payment, I know you're good for it, but it doesn't do either of us much good to just say "Hey, I'll take a large t." So either email me or message me through the site an address.

Unless you want to pick it up. If you do, totally cool, I'd love to show you around my little corner of the world.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »
G,
Any chat on how us crazy non-USers get our grubby little mitts on these beauties?
Payment/shipment and all the other ‘ments!
 ;D
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jeff Loh

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 06:23:39 PM »
1 Large
2 Medium
Si vous plait

Bill Brightly

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 06:26:42 PM »
One XL please. Thanks!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 06:38:46 PM »
Hello all -

The cost is $13 per t, of which I will donate the vast majority (hoping for around ~$10, depends a little on shipping), to our wonderful, incomparable, most beloved benefactor, the most beloved figure in golf.

I would prefer that people paypal me the $$ at geopazin@gmail.com, but understand if people prefer more old school methods. If so, email me at that same email, or private message me through the site, and I will accommodate you to the best of my ability.

Ordering one XXL through his paypal acct     geopazin@gmail.com
Order completed
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 06:43:18 PM by Pete_Pittock »

George Pazin

« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2019, 03:05:42 PM »
G,
Any chat on how us crazy non-USers get our grubby little mitts on these beauties?
 ;D
F.

Working on it, FBD! Right now I'm training carrier pigeons, but if that doesn't work, I'll just put 'em in a box labeled "FBD, Scotland!".

Or maybe I'll ship them to Tim.

All the same to me... :)

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2019, 06:59:32 PM »
G,
 ;D
F.

Have one of the BUDA contingent carry it over.   

Jay Mickle

« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2019, 08:09:34 PM »
I will take 2 large. Navy if you are doing them, otherwise ecru ;D .

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2019, 07:22:30 AM »
George,

I sent you a note via Email (to your Gmail account) and had not heard back.  Not sure how to proceed since I got no reply.  Is there a better Email address to use for you?  Please reply or PM me.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

George Pazin

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
Ok, sorry everyone for the slow responses. We usually have a slow time in mid to late July, but it's looking like we're blowing right through that, which is great for me, but less so for all of you! Hopefully you are patient folks.

I will try to send out emails to everyone this week and print the shirts at the end of the week. Shipping will then take place next week. There are still a handful of people who've posted on this thread, but haven't sent me any personal info, such as where to ship them. That would seem kinda important.... I'm less concerned about the money, I know you are all good for it. Worst case, I'll send a bill to JakaB... :)

Hopefully the next update will be me posting a photo of the new shirt.

Thanks everyone for your interest and support.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:09:00 PM by George Pazin »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 02:21:35 PM »
HI George,  sorry I'm late and missed this.  See my P.M. sent today.   ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Scott Senior

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 03:40:52 PM »
George,

I also sent you a PM today.
Sorry for my late response.

Thanks again,
Scott

Terry Lavin

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 05:04:01 PM »
I sent one today too.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

George Pazin

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2019, 12:11:53 PM »
Quick update: I am beyond overwhelmed right now at my shop. Several of my oldest, biggest clients have placed large orders with tight deadlines, so the t's are on indefinite hold right now. That doesn't mean never, it means another week or two. My apologies, my good fortune is not yours. I have received approx. $225 in paypal contributions and will forward all of that along to Ran in the next day or two. There are several people who posted on this thread who haven't paid or sent addresses. I'm not worried about payment, but need an address for when I set up (hoping for end of next week).

If you have complaints, you can send them to ESPN Gameday or the Pittsburgh Penguins for ordering so many shirts. :)

That was a joke, please don't complain to them.

Thanks, G.

Tim Martin

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2019, 12:22:47 PM »
George-Congrats on all the business and no worries. Thanks for the update.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2019, 09:04:28 AM »
That's great news, George. Looking forward to your first GCA benefit (paid for by ESPN Gameday and those despicable Penguins) at Fox Chapel. I'll help with set-up.

rm
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George Pazin

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2019, 04:12:16 PM »
Hello patient friends -

The last of the several thousand Gameday shirts rolled off our presses this afternoon. The Pens stuff was finished last week. I am taking this weekend off, having worked what I think is 50 of the last 54 days, upon returning from a short vacation.

I'm looking to go to press on the shirts late next week, after we catch up on the clients who took a bit of a back seat to the Pens and ESPN. I will look to send out confirmation emails early next week to everyone. If you still would like to order, you can probably do so until Tuesday or Wednesday. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I will be printing some extras, so if you decide to order later, I may be able to fill your order.

Thanks for all of your patience. I'm flat out exhausted, physically and mentally, but looking forward to knocking these out.

Stay thirsty, my friends, and fairways and greens to you all.

And Ron, I mentioned to Mario that you were excited to sponsor a foursome at the upcoming event. It's only $5K per foursome, so I told him you'd take two........

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2019, 05:47:52 AM »
Just saw this...Good guy that Mario.

Can't wait to get the bill ... and the divorce papers from my wife :)
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2019, 12:47:46 PM »
Any idea when these shirts will ship?
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Dave Maberry

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2019, 08:39:35 PM »
Any idea when these shirts will ship?

The latest update can be found in this post from earlier this month:
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67650.0.html

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back