News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Re: GCA tee shirt - Interested in a new release?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »
I’m in. I really need more people to know how much of a nerd I am.
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

George Pazin

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »
I’m in. I really need more people to know how much of a nerd I am.
F.

Is that even possible? :)

Quick and dirty sepia version on navy:

Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 01:04:52 PM »
A closeup of the artwork:

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 01:09:25 PM »

The artwork was printed on a Hanes Beefy tee shirt.

George,
Greetings.  If you decide to correct "Monterrey" might as well add some of these -Bandon, Tasmania, Nova Scotia, Wisconsin, Michigan and The Carolinas.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »
I think that Hanes Beefy T Shirt is the equivalent of a short-sleeved fleece.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George Pazin

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 05:50:21 PM »
 :) I like that, Ron.

Thanks, Pete, for the pics.

We don't print on the Beefy-T much anymore, largely for the reason Ron implies: the move today is to lighter weight, soft t's. Most of our clients have decided the Beefy T is just too heavy.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2019, 06:42:00 PM »
BTW,
That’s a rubbish globe. Everyone knows the globe should be centred on the Greenwich meridian!
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2019, 07:07:02 PM »

FBD,
Yer right, but the center of golfclubatlasdom is Southern Pines, NC. Moving that to the center would take Scotland off the edge, but that comes at the expense of Japan.
George,
I'll be happy with whatever is the end result of the project.

BTW, good identification for meeting GCA people.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 12:13:44 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Tim Leahy

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:23 PM »
How about a 5x.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Jim Sherma

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2019, 08:31:02 PM »
The Beefy-Tee is king!

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2019, 12:14:51 AM »
xxl for me

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 10:24:56 PM by Pete_Pittock »

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 04:14:26 AM »
Lose the globe and make it a rectangular map, so it can show the entire golf-worthy world?

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

George Pazin

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »
Lose the globe and make it a rectangular map, so it can show the entire golf-worthy world?

Ulrich

The basic design is a takeoff on old, classic maps. In particular, I stumbled across one on a gift bag when I was buying a gca book, Geoff Shackelford most likely, at Borders a lifetime ago.

Speaking generally, you never want to print a big rectangle OR a big circle on someone's chest on a t shirt - it's considered a faux pas because it looks like a bullseye on someone's chest in the case of a circle, or a poster in the case of a rectangle. If I were inclined to redesign this - and I gotta be honest, I'm not, for a lot of reasons - I'd probably go with the funky, pointy ovals you used to see on the really old maps. But I do think the banner above and key below do an adequate job of breaking up the bullseye.

Pete -

If you zoom in enough on the navy/sepia t, you'll see I already secreted Tasmania onto this one, for personal reasons. :) I do think I'll add Nova Scotia, not sure about Bandon.

Of course, for the right donation to golfclubatlas, I might just put anything on the map!

------

As for the mechanics of how I'd do it this time round, I'd probably say email your info - Name, shipping address, shirt size - and paypal me the money. My email is geopazin@gmail.com, and that's my paypal account name as well. I'm thinking $13 per t, of which $5-10 will get donated to gca, depending on the shipping to you. I don't know much about shipping t's overseas, I will have to look into that. Last time, there were only 4-5, and I think I just ate it, but I think we have more overseas posters now, and while I'm no longer poor, I'm not exactly flush either....

XXL and XXXL are available - actually I can get as big as a 5X, but probably not in the same soft t I'd do for the others. I'm leaning toward a Next Level t that is really popular with our clients right now, I think I can get one in a vintage navy that would work well in making it look, well, vintage.

When I have the totals, I'll paypal the site one big donation, and let everyone know what it came to.

I'm crazy this week, as I'm on vacation next week, so I definitely won't be printing or shipping anything till early July at the soonest. Actually, we tend to slow down for a couple weeks in mid July, so that would be a good time to do these. If you're interested, try to email me details by, say  July 10th or so.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Thanks Dave M for getting the ball rolling!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 08:30:35 AM »
Two colors (white and navy) available, or just the one?

Does the t-shirt run true to size or, like Donald Ross polos, does it run two sizes large (I'm not kidding...I order super small in DR to get my size)?

Thanks, Geo.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George Pazin

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 08:42:52 AM »
Just the navy, I think, unless there is some sort of groundswell for white...

I'm a pretty average sized guy - 5'9-10", 190+ lbs. Built kinda like Rory, but with 30 lbs of pizza and beer in the torso. :) In this line of t, I prefer an XL. A Beefy or Gildan (our most common brand), I'd be more of a L. I can fit in a L no problem, shows off the guns, but it also means I need to spend the entire day sucking in my gut...

Dave Maberry

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »

Ulrich

The basic design is a takeoff on old, classic maps. In particular, I stumbled across one on a gift bag when I was buying a gca book, Geoff Shackelford most likely, at Borders a lifetime ago.

Speaking generally, you never want to print a big rectangle OR a big circle on someone's chest on a t shirt - it's considered a faux pas because it looks like a bullseye on someone's chest in the case of a circle, or a poster in the case of a rectangle. If I were inclined to redesign this - and I gotta be honest, I'm not, for a lot of reasons - I'd probably go with the funky, pointy ovals you used to see on the really old maps. But I do think the banner above and key below do an adequate job of breaking up the bullseye.

Pete -

If you zoom in enough on the navy/sepia t, you'll see I already secreted Tasmania onto this one, for personal reasons. :) I do think I'll add Nova Scotia, not sure about Bandon.

Of course, for the right donation to golfclubatlas, I might just put anything on the map!

------

As for the mechanics of how I'd do it this time round, I'd probably say email your info - Name, shipping address, shirt size - and paypal me the money. My email is geopazin@gmail.com, and that's my paypal account name as well. I'm thinking $13 per t, of which $5-10 will get donated to gca, depending on the shipping to you. I don't know much about shipping t's overseas, I will have to look into that. Last time, there were only 4-5, and I think I just ate it, but I think we have more overseas posters now, and while I'm no longer poor, I'm not exactly flush either....

XXL and XXXL are available - actually I can get as big as a 5X, but probably not in the same soft t I'd do for the others. I'm leaning toward a Next Level t that is really popular with our clients right now, I think I can get one in a vintage navy that would work well in making it look, well, vintage.

When I have the totals, I'll paypal the site one big donation, and let everyone know what it came to.

I'm crazy this week, as I'm on vacation next week, so I definitely won't be printing or shipping anything till early July at the soonest. Actually, we tend to slow down for a couple weeks in mid July, so that would be a good time to do these. If you're interested, try to email me details by, say  July 10th or so.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have.

Thanks Dave M for getting the ball rolling!

Glad to help out! My white shirt is starting to show its age.  :'( Now I will have to get tee shirts, golf shirt and a zip performance. I hope my wife is up for this! ::)

I'm up for blue and white!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 09:30:53 AM by Dave Maberry »

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2019, 10:38:16 AM »
Another idea: make a map without any words on it, just the numbers from 1 to 147 at the appropriate spots. That would be a conversation starter, as everyone would ask what the numbers mean.

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tim Gallant

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
For all those in Scotland, shall we just pay individually, but see if we can ship together for economies of scale? I'm sure we'll all see each other at some point, or someone will hand to someone else.

So far Martin and I - any others?

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »
I’m in for an xxl

Frank Sekulic

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2019, 07:31:21 PM »
I am in for a Large

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2019, 07:01:28 AM »
How about GCA on the left breast, with the map on the back?

RM
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George Pazin

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2019, 05:31:02 PM »
Hello all -

I'm back from vacation, not even remotely caught up with work, but looking to move forward on this project, as it is a labo(u)r of love, as opposed to the regular slave trade work I do, as owner (and primary worker) in my quite literal sweat shop......

To recap what I posted earlier, the plan is to print the sepiatone style print on navy tees (high quality, lightweight and soft cotton, not that stuff yinz in Canada are used to :) - yinz is Pittsburgh slang for y'all, which is Southern slang for you guys, which is American slang for you(plural)).

The cost is $13 per t, of which I will donate the vast majority (hoping for around ~$10, depends a little on shipping), to our wonderful, incomparable, most beloved benefactor, the most beloved figure in golf.

I would prefer that people paypal me the $$ at geopazin@gmail.com, but understand if people prefer more old school methods. If so, email me at that same email, or private message me through the site, and I will accommodate you to the best of my ability.

Golf shirts: buy one of Ran's, they're waaaaaaaay nicer than mine (Matt WardSpeak, for the old timers on here).

Special requests: I'll work on them, best I can, but no promises.

If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them on here, or message me, or email me. It's 2019, people, I have most bases covered...but don't snapchat me, I reserve that for my most favored friends.

(That's a joke, I don't have a snapchat account.)

Rock on, my friends!!

P.S. To date, response has been lite. I have received a few emails (sorryI haven't responded, been catching up from vacay), one PM, but I'm planning to do quite a few more. Setting up is the hard part, so I will likely print extras, but if you wait around for those, no guarantees that I'll guess the right sizes.

George Pazin

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2019, 05:37:42 PM »
Last thing: I'm printing a special shirt for Ulrich, since he has so many suggestions for how to make my life more difficult... :)

Another last thing: if you are an architect or greenskeeper who posts on here, your donation will be 100% sent to Ran. I can't take money from you, not even shipping. If your name is Mike Nuzzo or Don Mahaffey, please send me an address, but don't even think about sending me $$$. You may be a better fighter than me (as you do BJJ), or in better shape (swimming), but I am a scrapper, ala Braveheart....

And if your name is one that rings a bell from the past, you may get a freebie - or I may send you a request for more $$. Depends on how much I like you. And your posts...

Kinda kills me that I can't send a t shirt to Bob Huntley, or Tom MacWood, or any of the many others we've lost over the years...

One of my favorite things about the original sale, a half-life ago, was interacting with the consumers. I hope this one is similarly fun. :)

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2019, 06:09:49 PM »
Last thing: I'm printing a special shirt for Ulrich, since he has so many suggestions for how to make my life more difficult... :)

Sorry George, this is a minimalist site, and Ran's logo sucks!! I'll buy 20 if you take Ulrich's suggestions.

Seriously, I will.  :)

Long time poster, first time t-shirt buyer (from George!! ).

"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us."

Dr. Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

George Pazin

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2019, 09:26:45 PM »

Sorry George, this is a minimalist site, and Ran's logo sucks!! I'll buy 20 if you take Ulrich's suggestions.

Seriously, I will.  :)

Long time poster, first time t-shirt buyer (from George!! ).

First of all, the previous design that I’m updating isn’t Ran’s logo, it mine. I spent days/weeks/months researching the topic (old maps, etc), hours putting it together, thinking about it, and did receive some feedback from golf’s most beloved, but it’s my work. So thank you for insulting me in such a forthright manner. You will not be receiving one of the freebies, although I’ve always enjoyed your posts over the years.

Having said that, you picked the best possible day to insult me, for reasons completely unconnected to the site or even golf. Life intervened a bit just a couple hours ago, so I’m in a forgiving mood, almost impossible to offend today. I’m not an artist, never claimed to be, I’m a math geek who stumbled bassackwards into one of the world’s worst industries, t shirt printing. Your opinions and Ulrich’s opinions about my t shirt designs mean zip to me. I’m simply responding to a request and trying to repay Golf’s Most Beloved for letting me share in the fun for 20 years, even if my payment amounts to a teeny tiny fraction of what I’ve enjoyed. If and when I can do more, I will.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back