News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

Re: GCA tee shirt - Interested in a new release?
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2019, 04:03:49 PM »
Any idea when these shirts will ship?

The latest update can be found in this post from earlier this month:
http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,67650.0.html

Thanks!  Must have missed that.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

George Pazin

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2019, 11:14:59 AM »
Hi all -

I'm relieved to say the shirts are done. I have a couple orders I need to get out the door today and tomorrow, so I will begin sending them out Wed/Thurs and hopefully everyone will have their shirts by early next week. I donated $310 via Paypal to Golf Club Atlas this morning, which is the amount I've received in Paypal payments so far. I donated the entire amount, plus a little, that I received via Paypal. I do believe I have two personal checks I have been holding until I send out those posters' shirts, sorry if that caused anyone problems. I didn't want to deposit the check until the shirts were sent out.

Thanks everyone for your patience. The seemingly interminable delays were primarily two things: 1) we've had a very challenging last 6 months here (mostly for good reasons) and 2) I decided to print these shirts in a different way than we normally print, to try to enhance the feel and to try to accentuate the old vintage look. I hope people like them. If you don't, feel free to tell me, via email or private message on here, or even post it on here, I'm a big boy, I can take the criticism, and I would genuinely appreciate your feedback. (But don't tell me you don't like the logo design... :)).

I did print some extras, should anyone care to still order. Some are earmarked for friends, others will go in to the inventory.

Thanks again everyone, and thanks Dave for getting the ball rolling!
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »
Did we ever find out if we can get these to the UK?
F.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Dave Maberry

« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2019, 08:24:36 PM »
Not much effort from me George. Great work on your part. I'm looking forward to your latest version.

Hard to believe it was 18 years since the first shirts!  :o
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 08:30:28 PM by Dave Maberry »

Jeff Schley

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2019, 03:46:53 AM »
Hi all -

I'm relieved to say the shirts are done. I have a couple orders I need to get out the door today and tomorrow, so I will begin sending them out Wed/Thurs and hopefully everyone will have their shirts by early next week. I donated $310 via Paypal to Golf Club Atlas this morning, which is the amount I've received in Paypal payments so far. I donated the entire amount, plus a little, that I received via Paypal. I do believe I have two personal checks I have been holding until I send out those posters' shirts, sorry if that caused anyone problems. I didn't want to deposit the check until the shirts were sent out.

Thanks everyone for your patience. The seemingly interminable delays were primarily two things: 1) we've had a very challenging last 6 months here (mostly for good reasons) and 2) I decided to print these shirts in a different way than we normally print, to try to enhance the feel and to try to accentuate the old vintage look. I hope people like them. If you don't, feel free to tell me, via email or private message on here, or even post it on here, I'm a big boy, I can take the criticism, and I would genuinely appreciate your feedback. (But don't tell me you don't like the logo design... :) ).

I did print some extras, should anyone care to still order. Some are earmarked for friends, others will go in to the inventory.

Thanks again everyone, and thanks Dave for getting the ball rolling!
I'll take an XL (hope to get back to my L someday).  I"ll pm you.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

George Pazin

« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2019, 10:21:59 AM »
Hello all, I'm truly praying this is the last (or more likely, next to last) update:

My sincere apologies for the delays, but I've had major personal problems for the last 6 weeks plus, with multiple family members being hospitalized, so it's been all I can do to keep my business afloat while spending much of my free time in or driving to or from hospitals. Thankfully, everyone is now home and recuperating, so my life is returning to normal levels of chaos.

I only had sent out 3 shirts before things went south, so I'll be sending out the rest on Monday & Tuesday, at least for everyone I have addresses for. In retrospect, I should have suggested we do this in February, when t shirt printers around here are sitting shivering in the cold with nothin' to do.....

Here's hoping everyone (but especially me :)) has a Happy AND HEALTHY New Year!

g
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tim Martin

« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2019, 10:32:54 AM »
Hello all, I'm truly praying this is the last (or more likely, next to last) update:

My sincere apologies for the delays, but I've had major personal problems for the last 6 weeks plus, with multiple family members being hospitalized, so it's been all I can do to keep my business afloat while spending much of my free time in or driving to or from hospitals. Thankfully, everyone is now home and recuperating, so my life is returning to normal levels of chaos.

I only had sent out 3 shirts before things went south, so I'll be sending out the rest on Monday & Tuesday, at least for everyone I have addresses for. In retrospect, I should have suggested we do this in February, when t shirt printers around here are sitting shivering in the cold with nothin' to do.....

Here's hoping everyone (but especially me :) ) has a Happy AND HEALTHY New Year!

g

George-Merry Christmas!!!!! I’m not worried about the shirt so if February is better that’s fine. Thank you.

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.

Scott Senior

« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »

Here's hoping everyone (but especially me :) ) has a Happy AND HEALTHY New Year!

g

George-Merry Christmas!!!!! I’m not worried about the shirt so if February is better that’s fine. Thank you.

George,

I totally agree. Revisit the T-shirt project when it works for you. I'm sure all of us understand. I wish good health for you and yours! Happy New Year!! Thank you again.

Scott

Dave Maberry

« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2019, 11:02:06 PM »

g

George,

I hope you have gotten all the problems behind you and all are on the road to a healthy recovery.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Ship when it suits your schedule.

Regards

Jeff Schley

« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2019, 01:31:55 AM »
Much rather have you supporting family in need than slaving away making us t shirts for cost. Priorities are easily seen when put into another man's shoes.  You have a blind spot when the only spot you are in is your own. May God continue to bless your family with your love and support.🙏
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #86 on: December 30, 2019, 04:10:12 PM »
Amen. George has been hit hard of late, but is a Steel City guy to the core. We will have our shirts eventually; that we care more about the man says all that needs to be said. Send good vibes his way.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2020, 08:21:26 AM »
Amen. George has been hit hard of late, but is a Steel City guy to the core. We will have our shirts eventually; that we care more about the man says all that needs to be said. Send good vibes his way.

Double Amen to that!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Jay Mickle

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2020, 02:42:36 PM »
Looking for an update.

@MickleStix on Instagram
MickleStix.com

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2020, 08:00:47 PM »
I know that he has them ready to go, but I don't know how the current situation has impacted his business. It's not much of an update, I'll admit. I'll check in with him.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

George Pazin

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2020, 11:07:02 AM »
Hi all -

Ron gently nudged me, said an update was requested. My apologies again, I haven't looked in on the site in quite awhile, obviously.

My life has been fairly tumultuous the last 6 months, and especially the last 6 weeks, as everyone else's has, too. We never did experience our February slow down, so I've been struggling to keep up with work, while dealing with more personal issues than normal.

But that has certainly changed recently, no? The governor has effectively killed my previously thriving business, so after finishing off the last of our backlog today and tomorrow, I will have plenty of time to send out shirts. I'm embarrassed at how poorly this has gone - I'm better at printing shirts in bulk than distributing them individually, obviously. Evan Fleisher was kind enough to contact me when he came to town about a month ago, so he got his shirt hand delivered. I trip over the others every day, wondering when I'll have time to sit down and send them out. Well, now I have the time... :-\

I think I mentioned it earlier, but if I didn't, I raised about $260, and sent Ran $310 last fall, the additional being my own contribution, which was sadly long overdue. Your patience is greatly appreciated, thank you for not giving me a harder time about this fiasco. If you would like to vent, feel free to email me at geopazin@gmail.com; my wife would tell you that I can take a punch rather well. I'm still happy I did this, warts and all. I think the shirts are pretty damn cool. There's actually two versions, so I'm eager to see if you all can figure out the difference. It's rather small.

As an aside, there are still a number of people who posted on this, but never officially ordered. Totally cool, no worries, but I did print extra, approximately twice as many as ordered (I think the orders totaled 20-25). If you want one, give me a week to clear out the ones ordered, then shoot me an email with an address.

Be strong, be safe, everyone. Let me know what you think when you get your shirt.

George

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #91 on: March 28, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »
Of course, it immediately identifies its wearer as a pedantic intellectual, consumed with irrelevant minutiae. In reality, we are golf's ultimate uber-nerds; in fact, you've got a better chance of getting laid at a Trekkie Convention than anywhere our cyberspace Treehouse.

The study of golf architecture is actually an incredibly effective female repellent, so you might as well wear your nimrod badge right there on your chest, loud and proud  - it will save time if you happen to strike up a conversation with an attractive range rat . . . .

I ran this by Her Redness and she thinks I ought to buy two of them, so sign me up - not that I anticipate any takers of an aging nutbag, wandering around the elysian fields, drooling twaddle about the history of the Cape Hole. 

Please make them both XL's . . . .   

« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:47:13 PM by Gib Papazian »

Erik J. Barzeski

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2020, 05:00:27 PM »
I emailed you the day you made the last post, George. Awaiting a reply and happy to pay for one or two of the extras ASAP.
Erik J. Barzeski @iacas
Author, Lowest Score Wins, Instructor/Coach, and Lifetime Student of the Game.

I generally ignore Rob, Tim, Garland, and Chris.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2020, 08:31:04 AM »
I was fortunate to meet George in person back in early February while in town visiting my daughter at the University of Pittsburgh. My alma mater (Georgia Tech) was in town for a basketball game, so a weekend jaunt from Cleveland was in order.

After my guys got smoked on Saturday, my daughter and I met-up with George at a downtown spot for brunch on Sunday.  We had a leisurely 2 1/2 hour meal where we caught up and talked all things life, golf, family, etc.  I've known George for so many years, but we'd never met in person, so it was a fantastic treat and I'm so glad we were finally able to make it happen.

At the end of the meal he presented me with my new GCA shirt, and I gotta say that it really came out fantastic!  I was thrilled that he thought to bring the shirt along as I'd pretty well forgot about it...so it was a real treat!

Hoping that one day our world gets back to some semblance of normality and we can once again get together face-to-face.  Stay strong, my friends!

George Pazin

« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2020, 03:13:24 PM »
I did have a wonderful brunch with Evan, and his amazingly accomplished daughter. It's quite ironic that we have been golfclubatlas friends for about 20 years, yet only met in person just over a month ago - and shortly thereafter the whole world went to hell in a handbasket! If we had waited a few more weeks, we'd be waiting for quite awhile, I suspect.

I believe everyone who ordered officially - and by that, I mean sent me a private message or an email - has had a shirt sent out yesterday and today. As mentioned earlier, there are several people who posted on this thread but never sent payment or shipping details - I can still send those out, as long as I have the inventory. I think I have maybe a dozen L, ~15 XL, a few M and XXLs.

Gib and Erik, I will follow up privately, thanks for the interest.

To all, thanks again for your patience and understanding, and please let me know what you think of the shirt, on here or privately, whichever you prefer. I did a sepiatone type print on a navy t, and used a special type of ink, which I'm hoping will look and feel even better after a wash or three. I updated the locations a bit, not much.

The weirdest thing I learned from all of this is that my tremor in my writing hand (left) is waaaaaaaaaaaay (MattWardspeak - how's he doing, anyone know?) worse than I realized - try not to laugh when you see the return address scribble. I'm not a psycho killer, though it may look that way... :) Good Lord, my hand was shaking, rattling and rolling. Even the hand notes inside are a bit off - my printing used to be kinda cool and artsy, now it's, well, kinda old and shaky.

Be well, everyone. I will sleep a little easier tonight, one fewer thing to worry about. I got 99 problems, but this ain't one of 'em...anymore.

gp (the other GP earned the caps)

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2020, 03:59:43 PM »
thank you, gp

rm
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tim Martin

« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2020, 07:44:54 PM »
George-I got the tee shirts today and your most gracious note. You did a beautiful job!!!! Thank you and stay well. :)

Dan Gallaway

« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2020, 10:10:53 PM »
Awesome shirt!  Thanks for taking on the project

Mike Schott

« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2020, 07:28:07 PM »
Hi George. The tee shirt arrived today and it’s terrific. I love the fabric. Most important is the personal note. Thank you!

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2020, 03:33:04 PM »
Ditto what Schottzie says above.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back